PDA

View Full Version : anxiety is back with a vengeance :(

Rachel876
16-12-14, 13:31
I'm new to this forum but not to anxiety :( I've suffered from anxiety since I was 23 I'm now 27. It started to come back in September this year just had the usual heartburn should of got some tablets for it but thought it would go away it didn't and I am now on tablets. Anyway I've now got all the anxiety symptoms feeling like I can't breath, tight chest, tingly feeling throughout my body. I've been to 4 doctors in the last 2 weeks they all say nothing is wrong that it's just anxiety I've had a peak flow of 550 which the doc says is above normal for my age my O2 is 98% but my heart rate is high so I've been given beta blockers to sort that out today. I'm convinced I can hear a whistling sound when I breath out sometimes the doc has sounded my chest and said it's not wheezy. How can I believe the doc I'm so scared at the moment I can't stop crying and feel all alone I don't want to die and im so scared. Has anyone else had simliar symptoms??

courierdude
16-12-14, 16:52
hi rachel-whats this whistling sound about? air passing through your teeth? lots of people make a sound when they breathe out, i noticed that when i reached a certain age too.

i cant say anything about your peak flow rate or o2 figures except that we are constructed slightly different from each other and our bodies function at equally dissimilar levels too. i have always had a low blood pressure for example, doesnt stop me doing anything or make me any worse at things and i dont give it a second thought.
all your symptoms sounds typical of a panic attack-whether there is an underlying illness-i couldnt say, but if you think that there is something wrong i would suggest going to a different doctor at your practice just for a second opinion and that should go a large part of the way towards securing your concerns.

Rachel876
16-12-14, 17:04
Thanks for your reply. I have been to 4 different doctors at my own practice and once at out of hours they all say they have no concerns about my chest so why do i still feel like something is wrong. :(.

courierdude
16-12-14, 17:23
to some extent you have to accept what they say then?

give yourself say a period of 2 weeks-pretend that you are fine, that you dont have a mysterious illness. even when you feel your symptoms, if you cant ignore them then try tell yourself that it is just normal.

MyNameIsTerry
17-12-14, 08:13
Hi Rachel,

I'm a long time astha sufferer so I'm used to the crackling and whistling that occurs when I get chest infections. A GP should very easily be able to determine whether there is one by listening to your chest.

Does it whistle when you are in there and being examined?

Have they advised what it could be if it is intermittant e.g. due to tension near the diaphragm?

Rachel876
17-12-14, 18:59
Hi. No it didn't yesterday when I saw the doctor. He listened and examined me he told me my chest is fine but y do I hear this whistle when my anxiety is so high. :(. I need to believe and have trust in my doctors.