PDA

View Full Version : Dermotologist update!

robin321
16-12-14, 15:36
I go annually to the dermatologist to have my moles checked. I am on a medication that increased the risk of skin cancer.

This has never bothered me or been a trigger.
3 weeks ago I thought I had a new mole or freckle on my finger. It was very dark, and to me screamed melonoma. I freaked out for days. But guess what? It fell off and my skin was perfect underneath. I felt amazing and lucky. It should have been a funny story, and a lesson about HA.

But instead it set me off. Because of what I read, I started analyzing my other moles. Every few days I would focus on 1. I would study it, take pics, read up about it. Then I would move on.
I have 3 kids. I didn't focus on them, or my work. I was literally getting up at 2am to check my moles. I woke up at 330am this morning in fear. I could barely function.

By the time my appt came this am, I was shaking like a leaf. Guess what? Everything was fine. No issues.

I am hoping this is a lesson to myself about HA. I am hoping something else doesn't come into my realm of worry. I think that the danger of HA is that once you open the door, lots of things come in and it is hard to shut. For now I will be happy that these fears were unfounded.

lavender123
16-12-14, 17:01
I have a red lump on my thigh which started off as just a red sort of pimple the it got a crusty top, and now it looks like a sort of wart , anyway when I went to the doctors back in the summer he said it was like a verucca on my keg and it was hard skin and gave me some gel that you treat verucca a with. Well I didn't persevere as the plaster kept falling off, I went back las week and he said he was referring me to a dermotolgist as it's still there , now I am thinking the worse as I don't sit in the sun much and I always cover my legs . He said they would burn it off and send it away for biopsy . And I kep thinking why didn't he do that months ago, so now I have been trying to cut the hard skin away with scissors as I would like it too disappearing have no idea what it is and when I google lumps and bumps on the web I frighten myself. I think it looks like some keratitis thing . Please excuse spelling.

saab
16-12-14, 17:56
It doesn't sound like a melanoma. I did a lot of googling when I had an infected mole and it sounds more like a verucca type thing. If it was the type of mole/spot/lump that was cancerous, it would have come up in the pics when you were googling. I think it is just routine to send off whatever bit of skin they remove when they deal with spots or mole - it's always done, just so they can identify exactly what it is. I wouldn't worry - have it checked out and let us know how you get on.