PDA

View Full Version : I'm an idiot...

justfedup
16-12-14, 16:03
Hi I have HA but I think I have done a silly thing today--- been waiting on a ultrasound scan on my pelvic area due to originally getting sharp stabbing pain on and off in left groin area (now i just get the odd twinge or a dull ache in either side of my groin and around my vaginal area) I get alot of lower back ache and have done for many many years especially when I lay on my back but mainly on the right hand side but been getting it in left side more recently, I also have IBS-M. The past few months a week or so before period is due I have been getting what feels like mild menstrual cramps where as before I used to only get them on my actual period. I have days where all I seem to do is wee and need a bowel movement (but half the time I am constipated). But what I am worried about is I cancelled my ultrasound appointment that was booked for next Monday and changed it til the 8th January as I just cannot face it before Christmas, but now I am worried that leaving it longer may make whatever I have got even harder to cure (convinced I have some type of cancer). Or could it be due to me lifting and moving a rather heaving leather sofa a few days before I got the first sharp stabbing pain in left groin area, if so why is it affecting the right side 4 weeks later?

I will also add I went to my GP again 10 days ago as so worried and she did an internal examination and felt all around my abdomen and in her words nothing brings up "red-flag".
BTW I am 44.

courierdude
16-12-14, 17:46
your stomach muscles go all the way down there so you might well have pulled something, ive done hurt myself in the same area lifting things incorrectly.

i wouldnt even consider that you have a cancer.

try to separate your symptoms and not attribute one to the other?

worrying about an injury could cause a nervous stomach the same as worrying about something like paying for a bill could.

there are many reasons that could be the cause of your urination issue and cramps. again are they separate things of different aspects of the same condition?

Cariad1
16-12-14, 19:06
Hi Justfedup

I could have written your post word for word on the symptoms i have been getting.
I have had low pelvic and back aches for many months possibly years but i tended to ignore it when i was younger ( im 35) and its only recently i have been back and forth to my GP complaining about my pain.

I have had blood tests which essentially came up clear, pelvic exam which my gp said was fine only a small cyst was seen on my cervix which she assured me was harmless and would not cause the pain and in september i was so fed up i booked for an ultrasound privately as i was told i would wait many weeks for one on the NHS. Test results on that were clear, nothing showing that would cause concern.

Im now being referred to a gyneacologist to see if they can make any sense of the issues im having, which seem to get worse after ovulation but some form of mild cramps from day to day.

My GP initially diagnosed me with IBS and apparently that can cause low down pelvic pain and back ache too so who knows!

I know im still on my journey of trying to find the cause of my pain, but like yourself i was convinced something nasty would show on the scan and it didn't, so try not to think the worst although i know its hard because i was doing the same!

Also, not sure if you are the same, but i work in an office environment where im seated alot of the time, someone mentioned to me that bad posture could also be a cause for tummy/pelvic pain....I know i have terrible posture so this may be something to consider also.

xx

justfedup
07-01-15, 13:30
So tomorrow is the day I go for my pelvic ultrasound, been feeling quite calm about it up until the last few days and that is all I can think about, nervous is an understatement, and I am dreading what I'm going to be like tomorrow morning, even worrying about having to go with a full bladder and hoping I dont have an accident....just hope my nerves dont turn into a full blown panic attack or kick start my ibs...

Yogi
07-01-15, 16:26
I've had a pelvic ultrasound recently too. All fine apart from a couple of congested veins due to pregnancy.. Apparently they can cause pelvic pain.
Anyway in sure you'll be fine. Hope the appointment goes well x

justfedup
07-01-15, 16:40
Thankyou Yogi...

Did you get the results there and then Yogi?

Yogi
07-01-15, 18:05
Yes the lady doing the scan said what she was seeing as she did it. Then she sat with me after and explained again and to make an appointment with GP for follow up. There was a guy sitting on computer in corner. No idea if he was a doctor... Maybe he was fixing the computer lol!! :ohmy: