PDA

View Full Version : Muscle pain / eating

Juan Inch
16-12-14, 17:04
Hi all,

Strange one, this. Or , Im hoping, maybe not. : )

Very curious to know what I might be experiencing and wondered if anyone would be able to help and let me know if theyve experienced the same.

For about 4/5 weeks my back, shoulders and neck have been aching. It feels all muscular (and I've been told this from my doctor and Osteopath). I have been desperately stressed and anxious following my dads diagnosis with cancer. It really has hit me hard. I've had stomach problems (and all that that entails!), slight depression (and all the things that go hand in hand with that) and these very tense, achey muscles (which can also effect the sides of my body - almost as if its centred around my rib cage).
By the way, my posture is NOT great! Its been really tough going but I feel that Im beginning to accept my dads illness. Unfortunately I cant shake my HA and I believe this is causing all my symptoms.

One of the symptoms my dad said he felt was that on eating he would get back and shoulder pains.

Now when I eat Im feeling like Im experiencing the same symptoms. Im 34. There is no way that I would have the type of cancer my dad has - especially as Im relatively young (and its not a type of cancer someone my age would get), this type of cancer is pretty rare, its not genetic and , well, my dads just been diagnosed! We'd have to be the unluckiest family ever! Adding it all up I know that this is down to stress (especially seeing as I only experienced these physical stress / anxiety symptoms in the last six weeks since my dad was diagnosed). Its worth pointing out that anxiety has run in the family and Im prone to the odd panic attack and have suffered with HA many times before (but not to this extent).

When I eat its like I can feel the food 'going down my back'. The aches almost happen instantaniously. I wonder if its just my muscle sensativity (with them being extrememly tense through my anxiety) or whether Im feaful of eating and this makes me automatically tense up because of what my dad had descibed and the fear Im feeling? As soon as Ive finished eating the tensness wears off and I dont feel too bad again.

Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing back muscle pain and this eating sensation of being able to 'feel' the food as you swallow! Told you it was a strange one! ; )

By the way, I've seen two doctors just to make sure what Im experiencing isn't 'nasty' or anything. Had a blood test, urine all done. All ok. Had a physical too. Just dandy.

Any similar stories, please share cos Im racking my brains trying to think whats causing this!

zippy
16-12-14, 17:27
Yes me too. I have seen an osteopath today and she said my right shoulder and upper back were locked and tight. I said to my partner i can feel food going down the back of my back when i eat.I mentioned it to my osteopath today and she said yes it's possible if the muscles are tight and constricted. Had my bloods done 2 weeks ago and all ok and i had loads done.