PDA

View Full Version : Please help me if you can

cj4523
16-12-14, 22:53
I'm going thru the same thing you went thru with the anxiety about hiv I'm so scared I've been in a messed up state for about 5 months now long story short 5 month ago i went to the clinic to get tested upon calling 2 weeks later for my results the lay told me neg for clymadia and ghon then she paused and said something to some one that was next to her saying "do i tell him that" that sent my anxiety thru the roof she then came back on the phone and told me i was HSV+ she told me i had herpes i was devastated that was the end of aug its december now and heres what I'm dealing with I'm not trolling with my post just very very scared and want and need help please. Maybe you can help me out Truthfully I really really need it, for months now approx 4 months ago when i found out I felt like my world had ended. I got so depressed I wasn't sleeping was eating that lasted for 2 and a half weeks and later i lost weight I began to think and worry what if it's something worse I would get so worried i would try and sleep and when I woke up I had a strange sour like taste in my mouth and I had foggy headaches. I began to google my symptoms which I've been told never to do but I did each time I would I would get this anxious feel that would take over and it seem like another symptom would happen Ive had burning sensation like a hot flash feel over my body numbness in hands a chill and hot spell that would happen that would really freak me out this had been going on since the beginning of October and has since lasted I have a major fear of it being worst then herpes even tho I been tested its still been a thought that I have been able to get rid of its is taking a toll on my body and its scarying me making me think that it's something else have any one else exprinced a severe anxiety like this that physical symptoms lingered for a length of time PLEASE HELP ME

saab
16-12-14, 23:21
Just looked it up on Google. HSV is the Herpes Simplex Virus. The things you describe don't sound like typical herpes symptoms, so it could that they are just common, natural sensations that you are associating with herpes, or they could be symptoms of anxiety. It's obviously not a nice condition to have, but it's not in the same league as having say hiv .

There is lots of info about it on the net, so I would read up on it. Hopefully once you get an overall picture of the condition, you will see it for what it is - an unfortunate thing to have but not usually a chronic, debilitating disease. I hope you feel better soon.

popejoan
16-12-14, 23:54
Hello, please stop panicking, although I have very little knowledge of hsv, I can tell that it won't kill you or anything. Your symptoms sound like anxiety to me. Although googling is not recommended the more you read and learn what you have the more you will calm down.

See I have a high risk hpv strain that can cause cancer. Now I know my risks, I will have routine controls to prevent that to happen. You need to boost your immune system not suppress it by not eating. See your gp ask questions, read about the condition and do your best to prevent any situation you don't want to happen. Take care.

Fishmanpa
17-12-14, 01:37
Do you know how many people have HSV? Try better than 25% of the population. More if you take into account both HSV1 (cold sores) and HSV2 (genital). Is it inconvenient? Sure is. Is it deadly? Nope... It just means you have to be totally open with a new partner and practice safe sex at all times.

Your anxiety has got you in a tizzy and thus the physical symptoms you're experiencing. Keep in mind, HSV outbreaks are more prevalent when you're stressed so treating your anxiety will help you all the way around.

Positive thoughts