PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Eloise80
16-12-14, 23:14
Hello

I've just joined this site having been a lurker for a while, and now finally mustered up the courage to post. I've suffered from panic attacks and health related anxiety for 15 years. Recently it's been quite bad I think due to a stressful job and looking after 2 young children. I have recently been worrying myself silly about a feeling of a lump in my throat. Rationally I know its very likely to be caused by anxiety, but there's a constant nagging thought in my head that it's something serious - cancer is top of the worry list. I haven't discussed my anxiety with my gp for about 12 years, but thinking it's about time I went and got some help getting things back under control. Hope that access to help is a bit easier to come by than it was 12 years ago!

venusbluejeans
16-12-14, 23:20
Hiya Eloise80 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
16-12-14, 23:23
Hello and welcome glad you have joined us
That's the for the best your doctor should be
able to help you good luck keep us posted xx