PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone still awake? Need some support right now

IrishLondon
16-12-14, 23:24
Hi everyone,

After a few ok weeks, I'm in a bit of a mess once again.

I was on 100mg of sertraline and 100mg of pregabalin for 3 weeks and initially i felt they were working. But I felt they were making me really restless and causing a lot of pain and aches in my legs. So I stopped the pregabalin and reduced the sertraline to 50mg.

Tonight, it feels like my anxiety has rushed back in full force. And i'm not really sure what to do. Do I increase the medication again? I'm finding it tough again tonight.

Ryan

lukeneal26
16-12-14, 23:48
I've been on sertraline for 2 years then stopped for 3 months had a break down now I'm back on them one thing I notice is my legs are like jelly and ache but I'd go back to 100 mg if it was working and push on

IrishLondon
16-12-14, 23:55
Thanks Luke. I think I should have pushed on with them. At least they allowed me to get some sleep. What dose are you on?

lukeneal26
17-12-14, 00:03
150 mg sertraline and 4 mg dyazapan 3 times a day to help with side affects and I've had them all loss of appetite' aches and pains dry mouth blurred vision you name it I feel it im pushing on now for week 3

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

I also seem to wake up at 5 am every morning in a panic

popejoan
17-12-14, 00:04
Are those for anxiety? Cause if they are you can continue with lower dose and back up with natural supplements like valerian root or lemon balm. I used loads of meds before but side effects were always horrible for me so now I'm all for natural supplements. I use gingko biloba, lemon balm, chamomile tea, magnesium and although still anxious I don't feel that dreaded panic anymore with no side effects. If you want to try natural solutions you need to ask your gp about medicine interactions though. They will probably say you should continue on meds but they only suppress the problems and as soon as you stop taking them anxiety comes back. A holistic approach and body nourishment is a more permanent solution.

lukeneal26
17-12-14, 00:07
I have HA I think I have every cancer known to man!

IrishLondon
17-12-14, 00:18
Yes I've huge morning anxiety too. I've decided to take two pregabalin tonight for the leg aches. I stupidly have tried to reduce both meds at the same time which probably isn't advisable. I'm right there with you on that fear mate, although mines neurological rather than cancer.

lukeneal26
17-12-14, 00:26
I lost weight probably down to stress in my life and loss of appetite and thought I had every cancer known to man to a point I think I still do even after blood tests!