PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

LizzyWoo1
17-12-14, 11:01
Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I'm 41. I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and this is my third episode in the last 10 years. I'm currently experiencing panic attacks and derealisation and have started Cipralex - 5mg for two weeks and have upped to 10mg 10 days ago so currently riding through the side effects...
Out of all the symptoms the derealisation is the hardest to bear - I had it during my last episode so I know it passes but it's grotty while it's there.
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and look forward to supporting each other through this horrible journey :hugs:

venusbluejeans
17-12-14, 11:06
Hiya LizzyWoo1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

almamatters
17-12-14, 18:27
Hi Lizzywoo :welcome: to the forum.

fduop
20-12-14, 15:15
Welcome LizzyWoo

That experience with side effects is never a fun ride. When my psychiatrist briefly mentioned there would be some side effects to increasing my prozac. When I saw him later I asked, "Christ, what do you call major side effects?"

But logging into this site and forum have really helped me in my understanding of my illness and treatment options. So best to you from another long time sufferer (since 1999).