PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of leg twitches...anyone?

IrishLondon
17-12-14, 22:38
Hey guys,

My legs have been experiencing a whole range of symptoms for nearly two months now. Burning, prickling, restlessness, muscle tension and pain - have had them all.

Currently - my legs are twitching like mad. From what i've been reading, a lot of people have this with anxiety - but did anyone find a good way of getting rid of it?

Thanks again

Ryan

Serenity1990
17-12-14, 22:39
Have a read of this write up. Best thing I've read on BFS. :)

http://www.aboutbfs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16549

IrishLondon
17-12-14, 23:06
Mate, that is such a brilliant post. Actually felt my anxiety decreasing as I was reading that.

Thanks for sending that my way!

Moscowolympics
17-12-14, 23:47
The post from About BFS is excellent and one I've read a good number of times. My twitches have come back a fair bit over the last couple of days and I've been regressing into previous negative thoughts and habits of self-testing, but refreshing my memory with posts like that one do help.

I'm currently working my way through the Skype archive (again...) on Anxiety Centre as well. It's well worth paying the fiver or so for the month's membership. Really is. Just listening to them makes me feel calmer and realise that I'm not alone.

IrishLondon
18-12-14, 00:10
Thanks! I really must join that site. A few people have recommended it on here.

How weird that since reading that great post about twitching - my twitches have now lessened and i'm now feeling pins and needles in my legs! Anxiety also seems to be searching out the next symptom.

robin321
18-12-14, 00:17
My legs twitch constantly. I don't even feel a lot of then. But if I watch, I can see big flutters.

It started with my worst anxiety spell almost 10 yrs ago. I was anxious at first, until I rid about BFS. 10 yrs later, still twitching.

Not much helps, but I am used to it.

Serenity1990
18-12-14, 05:17
Thanks! I really must join that site. A few people have recommended it on here.

Actually I don't like the site so much. A fair few people on there (the owner included) reject the assertion that anxiety causes the twitching, instead stating that stress/anxiety makes it worse. It's no biggie as everyone agrees it's totally benign, and just like here threads invariably seek to reassure relative newbies they don't have one of the neuro nasties, however fundamentally I (and, more importantly, the medical profession) disagree: it's just a byproduct of chronic anxiety in most cases. Nonetheless there are a good few people - like the chap linked to above - on there who are not in denial.

I much prefer the BFS Recovery site. They're a lot more honest about it and even have a proper neuro on their boards. However as aboutbfs is established on Google the forum never took off. :)

MrAndy
18-12-14, 09:25
its worth taking magnesium as its a good muscle relaxant.as my anxiety dropped so did the twitching for me and I had it very bad.You could see my muscles twitch through my clothes at times and it was 24/7 :(

IrishLondon
18-12-14, 21:20
Thanks serenity and Andy,

I totally believe the twitching is caused by anxiety - no doubt. It's just hard to ignore them when your calf muscles are going full force when i'm trying to relax on the sofa.

What kind of magnesium did you take Andy?