PDA

View Full Version : New here - I'm Struggling and need Reassurance

xtremez2k
18-12-14, 03:51
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, my name is Waqas, i'm 28 years old. A few years back I remember lying in bed calmly, then suddenly my heart started to beat really fast. I panicked, went to tons of hospitals, doctors, and all the tests including my heart came back clear. They said i have an anxiety disorder.

I've been trying to fight the urge of taking meds, i've been on and off so many, but i think lately i've reached my limit and feel i need to continuously go on a med.

Questions:
1) Has anyone ever had episodes or a waves/duration of anxiety? I get a wave at times after a stressful time that lasts around a month or so, daily.

2.) Any ever experience extreme nausea and dizziness daily? Especially nausea after eating food? These 2 issues are what i'm struggling with right now along with abdominal cramps.

I started Wellbutrin XL 150mg 3 weeks ago, i'm trying to pinpoint if these symptoms are from the medication or my anxiety disorder. I've taken these meds for a month before, and didn't have any issues which is confusing. I'm trying to reassure myself it's not a misdiagnosis by doctors and that' i'm fine.

I need answers from anyone that has gone through this, as it may put my mind and heart at ease.

Along the way, if i can make good friends to relate to, even better. I'd gladly share my skype ID or contact info.

Thanks very much!

I hope WE feel better.

Jayamashey
18-12-14, 14:24
Hi Waqas,

1. Yes, I think everyone has.

2. Yes, nausea was one of the worst.

I wouldn't worry about it NOT being anxiety. Sounds like classic anxiety symptoms. As far as the meds, the symptoms with meds can change. I had a hard time with all that I tried. I didn't try Wellbutrin but was told it can be very anxiety provocative.

Sent you a PM

Mrsh11
18-12-14, 14:30
Hi, sorry to hear how low you are feeling, you are certainly in the right place for support. I think many of us on here can relate to at least some of what you are experiencing. I very much find that my anxiety comes in waves. I can be fine for a few weeks and then relapse back again. Nausea is one of my most common symptoms, as are palpitations. Realising that what you are feeling and thinking is anxiety based is a huge step. I can do it for physical symptoms but can't convince myself that all my end of the world thinking is also anxiety, talking to people here helps.

Jayamashey
18-12-14, 14:54
Mrsh11, I am in the sameboat. I have learned to deal with / accept the physical symptoms its just the "thinking" and feelings associated with it that still bogs me down.

jimsmrs
18-12-14, 16:24
Yes to both questions. Mine started 2 yrs ago, I was that bad I was convinced it was something else that I considered deliberately hurting myself so I could be rushed into hospital and they could do tests, anything so long as it wasn't Anxiety/depression that my GP diagnosed. I wanted to be able to tell my GP and my husband 'see I told you it was this disease or that disease, you're wrong'
The main thing to do, along with your medication is to accept and deal with what you have. Be patient with your medication, let it kick in otherwise your anxiety will feed off the impatience. I think of it as a demon, that lurks from time to time'

Take care

xtremez2k
19-12-14, 02:53
I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes and their well appreciated responses, it means a lot to me.

With myself it becomes so hard to believe that SO MANY horrid physical symptoms can occur from anxiety disorders. I think the part that makes it hard is the severity, and also the wide variety of symptoms that you start to think it's something serious. I'm slowly trying to accept that it is all from my anxiety or directly or is a result of my anxiety (e.g. stomach issues that develop from anxiety).

I'm going to stick it out with the medication, hopefully in a week or 2 the nausea and dizziness will fade. Also, i'm sure a part of alleviating the symptoms is to accept my anxiety and to know it will pass.

Final Question:
Does anyone know if stomach issues can occur from anxiety? I get stomach cramps after eating and that's also when the nausea occurs. It's been like this for 2 weeks now :/

xtremez2k
19-12-14, 23:55
bump - please see my last question. thanks so much!

courierdude
20-12-14, 00:29
stomach issues can occur from just being mildly nervous-you can imagine what adrenaline can put your stomach through : /

xtremez2k
20-12-14, 00:56
that's a really good point. i hope to recover soon! thank you :)

courierdude
20-12-14, 01:07
if you look on the insert to your medications even they might be responsible for any stomach troubles that you are experiencing.

for me the trick is to give yourself a period where you ignore your symptoms and instead focus on eating, drinking and resting as a normal person. monitor yourself once a week instead of every 5 minutes, accept odd sensations and feelings and try not to indulge in the idea that every bad that you feel isnt going to get worse or be detrimantel to your long term health : )

xtremez2k
20-12-14, 01:15
The nausea and dizziness has been going on for around 2 weeks, sometimes better sometimes worse. I tend to analyze my health daily or every time i feel a sensation, and i think that's where my problem is. I'm having minor surgery (cosmetic) coming up on Monday so i think that's also not helping the situation. But what u said about assessing myself after longer periods makes a lot of sense, i think i need to adopt that plan instead of checking myself every 5 mins.

Your words are extremely helpful, i truly appreciate it.

courierdude
20-12-14, 03:14
i have a spot on my back-nothing to worry about it is just a spot that has appeared over the last couple of days. i dont care about it anyway-doesnt cause me concern.
i felt it one night and checked it the next morning while brushing my teeth. i could check it every day or every 5 minutes but what is that going to acheive...even if it is something that is seriously worrying for someone.

try to make a plan to resist looking too frequently at potential negatives and distract yourself with something nice and stop torturing yourself!

good luck with the procedure

xtremez2k
20-12-14, 03:16
Honestly that makes a lot of sense. I tend to see if i'm getting better or worse every 5 mins or as soon as i feel a sensation. And if i feel something, i automatically think it will never go away or frustrate myself that it's not gone yet! I'll try my best to ignore the symptoms and assess on a weekly basis!

Thanks so much for your help :)