PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety dizzyness/lightheadedness.

CA88
18-12-14, 20:03
So this is a speculative post following some research I have just been doing that maybe will help to explain symptoms for others too. I can't guarantee this is fact but it is my understanding from what I have just read.

So I've often question how exactly anxiety can cause you to feel lightheaded/dizzy all of the time, rather than just a panic attack.

Well firstly, literature seems to suggest that those with anxiety tend to not breath properly, in as much as we hyperventilate without realising it a lot of the time when feeling mildly and even subconsciously anxious.

Now add to that that I have just been reading some research that suggests that the level of CO2 in our blood, which decreases when we over breath, actually directly effects the internal pressure of the middle ear.

So I would speculate that that pressure change, could be what causes our lightheadedness and dizzyness! Can't be sure, but it's a thought eh?

CA88
19-12-14, 13:18
I also have severe dizzyness pretty much everyday - this is what made me start doing some research.

Sort of sick of feeling like this now