PDA

View Full Version : ...and this is me

Pamplemousse
18-12-14, 22:51
Hello,

I thought I would give a little background by way of an introduction. I'm a long-term sufferer of anxiety and other MH issues, and in addition to all this, I've just been diagnosed as a Type II diabetic.

I went through a particularly bad patch a few years ago: I lost my mother and my wife within fifteen months of each other, and then I lost my job just under two years later. All this has taken its toll, and unsurprisingly I am on medication for it.

Me being me, any health anxiety issues are usually quite esoteric and probably not easily answered, but I'm hoping that a community as wide as this can help me in some way, as sometimes I can find life very difficult to deal with...

venusbluejeans
18-12-14, 22:56
Hiya Pamplemousse and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
20-12-14, 15:03
Welcome Pamplemousse,

Like you I'm type 2 diabetic with other health issues. You can really get caught up in building anxiety over these things. But as you stated, checking out this site is a good first step, I know it has been for me. So best to you during this season from across the pond.