PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

fisher
07-01-07, 20:19
hi everyone feeling abit low tonight, i have suffered anxiety for about 4yrs now and i am 33yrs old, i had it bad when i first got it, i am not bad now but i have a health phobia and i am always scared of collapsing or fainting, but i have been better lately then last thursday night i had stomach pains all night in bed felt sick and as i got up i said to my partner i am going to faint and sure enough i did, as my partner sat me up my head was all funny i just sat against the radiator and i said i am fainting again my eyes was going funny i said quick get me a sugary milk drink then i went the toilet and had diarhea, i wasnt well the next day, even today i still feel weak, i am constantly checking my blood pressure and my temp, and i have been really anxious today thinking oh i could faint again or have to be rushed into hospital i have been having hot flushes tonight so they are scaring me, i need to get a grip of myself otherwise i will drive myself crazy, i am even to scared to go the doctors, is anybody out there the same as me x

djm
07-01-07, 20:39
I can certainly understand the fear of going to the doctors, I am exactly the same.

Dan
07-01-07, 21:43
hi hope you feeling a bit better
i hate going to the doctors as i feel that they see i have had panic attacks and then instantly there is nothing wrong with me its nerves and i feel like i have wasted my time
i dont no if this helps but i was once told that you cant faint sitting down so if you feell faint sit down
dan