PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'm Josh!

Josua
19-12-14, 16:45
So I've had anxiety since i was about 16... ( I'm now 22)I've always attributed it to living in the middle of no where all my life, which of course has its lack of social stimulus should we say. Naturally my main problem was always social anxiety which then developed into more of a GAD. About 6 months ago i was on a lads holiday and after an extremely heavy night of drinking i came down to the canteen saw all the people freaked out and had my first and only panic attack (Whenever i'm hungover it makes my anxiety 10x worse) When i got back i though F*** this i need to sort this once and for all and literately every situation that would cause my anxiety i did over and over until i realized there was no longer any problem at all. I changed my mindset completely. Instead of pondering over symptoms for hours or wondering if i had a terminal illness. I just thought 'what's the point in worrying when i might die, i can just live my life to the maximum now' It's kind of like a switch i can turn on now. Whenever i start to feel it coming on i just breathe nice and slow and just think of being happy and low and behold the anxiety attack never really sets in. I'm probably at a stage now where my anxiety is classed as more of a mild worrier but that runs in my family anyway. As far as sitting in my bedroom with that horrible feeling in my stomach, feeling every heart beat when i lie down at night wondering if i have a heart condition. Feeling dizzy and thinking i'm dieing of everything all the time. Yep it's all gone! I've come to think of anxiety as more of a certain mindset and you have to break it! I still get anxiety the day after a heavy drinking session with friends but i can deal with it so much better. Would this ever cause another panic attack? Possible, although i could deal with it so much better now.
Anyway i've mainly joined here to see if i can help anyone in anyway possible because i know how shit and low anxiety can make you feel.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you want a chat about anything. If thats even possible on here?! (Noobie)

Josh out:yesyes:

venusbluejeans
19-12-14, 16:51
Hiya Josua and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: