PDA

View Full Version : Dry heaving in the mornings

snowflake293
19-12-14, 17:53
Has anyone has this when their anxiety is bad?

I had this once on Thursday morning last week, felt sick/dizzy for a few mins - heaved a few times then it went.

I started Sertraline on Monday and have had the same thing happen every single morning since starting it.

It literally only lasts 10 mins or so.

Also off my food, losing weight and feel pasty and horrible. I reckon its all anxiety related and sertraline side effects, can anyone put my mind at rest? Really don't want to Google :(

Snowflake xx

nicola1980
19-12-14, 17:55
Hi, I had this every morning when my anxiety was at its worst, I used to spend half an hour in the morning retching and gagging down the kitchen sink, its a very common anxiety symptom xx

snowflake293
19-12-14, 18:07
Hi, I had this every morning when my anxiety was at its worst, I used to spend half an hour in the morning retching and gagging down the kitchen sink, its a very common anxiety symptom xx

Thanks for putting my mind at rest Nicola :) I have been panicking thinking its a symptom of something else. Its horrible isn't it, I just get this nasty sensation in my mouth and start gagging, yuck! I wonder what causes it, is it the adrenaline? Its a new symptom for me xx

nicola1980
19-12-14, 18:12
Im not sure what causes it but its awful!! I had it every morning to the point I automatically took the bowl out the kitchen sink when I got up as I knew what was coming!! hope it passes for you soon xx

Jubnut
19-12-14, 19:23
This was my worst side effect while starting SSRI. It will pass trust me. Could be pure anxiety but you starting med and this happens after I'd put med as the reason.

lukeneal26
20-12-14, 01:41
when I started my sertraline again I was sick every morning after I had even had a glass of milk! on week 2 now and my appetite is coming back to a certain point I am eating maybe 3000 cal a day atm to try and put weight back on I also had realy bad mornings where id wake at 5am in a right panic kicking around in the bed!

snowflake293
20-12-14, 12:09
Thanks for all the replies, it has put my mind at rest knowing that the most likely cause for my morning heaving is anxiety or my medication.

I did have it one morning before I started on my medication which I why I am worrying... I had it a bit this morning though (embarrassingly in the supermarket car park!!) but it wasn't as bad. I am taking 2mg of diazepam x3 a day to help me as I have been very edgy since starting the sertraline on Monday and had a proper meltdown in the drs yesterday over a mole :(

My anxiety is by far the WORST it has been since started with the HA, never experience such bad physical symptoms. Last night my tongue felt swollen, was so strange!

Here's hoping we can all relax a bit with xmas coming :)

xx

jimsmrs
20-12-14, 15:15
I had the same problem, the only thing that would settle my nausea is soda water, have it by your bed so it's there when you wake up.

Take care

snowflake293
20-12-14, 16:11
I had the same problem, the only thing that would settle my nausea is soda water, have it by your bed so it's there when you wake up.

Take care

Good tip, thanks I will try that out :yesyes: