PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm parcels

parcels
19-12-14, 18:01
Hello everybody

I'm new on this forum. So first a short introduction. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for quite some time now and i used to take venlfaxine for it for about seven years but after those years i was so sick of the side-effects (mostly weight-gain and sexual dysfunction) i quit. The detox was so horrible that i vowed to never take ssri's again. But now again years later, my doctor gave me cipralex. I didn't ask much questions because i was so depressed and scared i just took it. So i didn't know i was starting taking a new ssri. My mood improved and the worrying decreased after two weeks. But in the first week, the constipation started and it hasn't stopped since. I've been taking it for 6 weeks now, 4 weeks 10 mgs and 2 weeks 5 mgs. And still my bowels are a complete mess. Also i've experienced sexual dysfunction again. My doctor said i should power through and that it would all pass, but i'm so sick of it.

Essentially i've now decided to stop the cipralex, knowing that i'll experience another detox, but i just can't take it anymore and the benefits don't outweigh the adverse effects.

Any advice or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

(By the way, i'm from Belgium so excuse my faulty english)

Thanks

Parcels

venusbluejeans
19-12-14, 18:06
Hiya parcels and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

aprilmoon
19-12-14, 18:47
Hi Parcels
Just wanted to welcome you to NMP.
I haven't taken the particular med that you're on,but I'm sure others will come along soon who will be able to share their experience with you.