PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous, I can`t stop feeling panicky !

nantonan
19-12-14, 20:11
I have felt anxious and panicky since the week-end. Started when I was aware of palpitations going through me and took my pulse to notice that it was missing a beat every so often. My stomach went into overdrive, felt sick, had to keep visiting the loo and went all shaky. I have lost all interest to do anything, no appetite and have had only soup for the last 2 days. I try to calm down but just want to cry but don`t know why. Today , I went to Docs and he arranged for a heart trace to be done there (more panic) Said nothing to worry about but put me on Betablockers to calm me down. Is this normal if nothing is wrong? I don`t feel any calmer, stomach still churning, feel sick and shaky, what can I do to stop feeling like this ?

psychadelic-brie
20-12-14, 11:23
I don't think the heart trace is anything to worry about. I get the impression he is just wanting to double check and covering his tracks. At the same time, the beta blockers can help your heart and your panic, so he probably didn't seem any real problem in prescribing you those whilst he was at it. They should take a while to kick in but I must admit, I couldn't take them. They made me feel like my legs couldn't hold my weight, which of course made me feel more anxious. So if you feel significantly worse on them, definitely go back to him!

nantonan
20-12-14, 22:09
Thank you for your input. I haven`t actually taken any ! I read the blurb and although I didn`t read the bits about side effects as I know I would have thought I had all of them ! What it did say was once you start them you can just stop but that I may experience stomach problems, such as nausea and diarrhea and as you said , jelly legs , I would not be able to see the doc again as we are travelling away on Tuesday on a 4 hour journey, and I didn`t want to have any of those symptoms, I already have a jelly stomach and visiting the loo alot anyway and I don`t want to have any more when I am away as I have bouts of IBS.
I am just trying to be calm with breathing and I take Rescue remedy through the day and try not to think about the anxiety too much.
I will fight this and hope when I am away with people I might be alot calmer.
Thank you for your re assurance.:smile:

Its-so-fluffy
21-12-14, 13:12
Hello, I had similar issues and was also put on beta blockers, which is to be honest the best med out there for me. The thoughts are still there but you would be surprised at how much of the anxiety is just the adrenaline. It's crazy, I took as and when needed and haven't had a panic attack in 4 weeks. It takes the fear away for me.
Don't be scared to take them. I got no side effects.

Best of luck. :hugs:

nantonan
21-12-14, 18:20
Thank you for that, has put my mind at rest. Mine says one to be taken once a day at the same time every day. what I am worried about is,what if need the loo desperately when we are on the motorways, when I need the loo, I , need the loo, there and then ! I will definately start them when I get back home tho. Thank you for taking the time out to share.

Its-so-fluffy
21-12-14, 19:42
best of luck for when you return.

:D