PDA

View Full Version : I *LOOK* ill!

belle
07-01-07, 22:40
I just went to take a picture of myself to stick on myspace and when i saw it, it scared me.
I look like i have some chronic illness. I am pale as pale can be and my eyes are dark all around them. I have brown rings round my eyes.
What on earth can that be?
I've noticed it before, but never as bad as this.
Sarah

henri
07-01-07, 23:00
hi sarah,
i get this all the time, but i know for a fact that it is because i am prone to anaemia, so when i panic and don't eat properly, i get really anaemic and feel weak and go pale as a ghost with huge bags under my eyes!
a good meal and a dose of this vitamin liquid i take called floradix usually helps to perk me up.
xx

kimmiepie
07-01-07, 23:15
Honestly, and this is not widely accepted yet, it is a food allergy. I have done a ton of research on this stuff as 2 of my kids and I have food allergies. Contrary to popular belief it is NOT caused by lack of sleep or stress. However, these things can make them look much worse. But the primary cause is a food allergy. I'm talking about the dark circles.

As for the paleness that can be caused by SO many things. And some people react to stress and fatigue in that way. I used to.

HTH

Krakers
07-01-07, 23:28
Hi Sarah - when I've been down in the dumps for a few days I'm quite a site. Unshaven, unkempt hair, bleary eyes (more my medication than anything) and I look pale through not eating.

What made it worse one day was that I had a web-cam conversation with a friend of mine and he said I looked really unwell. Thing is when I looked at the pic my web-cam was sending it did make me look ill. But that was in part due to my appearance, but more so to it being a cheap piece of kit. What did you take a picture with ? BTW - if you used a flash thats going to make you look pale too.

When I'm all scrubbed up I'm a million dollars - see me getting up in a morning and you'd probably think I needed your spare change.

Krakers.