PDA

View Full Version : broken tibia?

Nathan92
20-12-14, 20:02
So I was getting riled up (angry) earlier and I don't get physical I just hit things / break things... this time I think I broke my tibia... I booted a sofa... really hard like I'm strong and this thing made a thud...

so anyways I've a long ish' bruise on my leg where I hit it.. nothing to the left of it hurts but to the right (on my shin and to the right... mid way down my leg kills.. not sure if I've bruised the bone???? or if I've fractured it.. I can walk but if I rotate my foot or cross my legs I feel pain... not like stabbing but pain you would if you'd cut yourself....

googling ( i know i shouldn't ) people saying if its broken it can rupture arteries and you'll bleed out or people saying it could rupture and clot up / cause infection....

stressing :(

don't want to sit 4-6 hours in A&E :\

anyone??? :doh:

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

oh and to add, if you my leg goes like this ____
____/ <-- this section being raised... so its dinted + swelling above the impact zone :\ :doh::doh::doh:

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

looking at the bone anatomy -.- maybe fibula? not tibia :s its hot to the touch and tender too... got me stressing... :|

wnsos
21-12-14, 10:58
You just bruised it up really good. I used to self harm and would go at it on my arms and legs so hard they'd bruise so much they stung inside. I always felt as though it was the bones that had bruised too. But nah just bruises. They can form in strange shapes and can create lumps and bumps of all sorts. You'll be alright. :)