PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs urgent hand holding

Possum
21-12-14, 00:35
Hi

I've had anxiety issues for years and have managed really well in the last few years on a small dose of venlafaxine xr.

After getting more and more frequent migraines, the dr has put me on a small dose of beta blocker. I've taken it for a week with no problems, but suddenly I've got massive anxiety, flu like sweats, diarrhoea in the last 24 hours. Unable to sleep.

I was only on a small dose of beta blockers, so after talking to the pharmacist I've stopped those.

I think tho that the upset stomach might have gotten rid of some of the venla. I'm not sure if my symptoms are withdrawal from the BB or ADs.

I think I'm just really sensitive to any changes in meds at all.

Can't talk to dr until Monday. Just need some hand holding.

venusbluejeans
21-12-14, 00:40
Hiya Possum and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

spellplague
21-12-14, 03:10
*hugs* Medication withdrawal sounds nasty; the only thing I have had withdrawal from was caffeine. I still drink it now, but in nowhere near the amounts that I used to.

Possum
21-12-14, 05:19
Thanks for the hug Spellplague. I'm feeling a bit calmer at the moment. I'm quite sensitive to caffeine too. I have to be very careful to keep the amount low tho. Same goes with sugar.