PDA

View Full Version : What the F am I going to do with my life!

Gotagetthroughthis
21-12-14, 22:53
I have no idea what to do with my life, I have no goals, no drive, no ideas, no passions (apart from gambling), even if I do come up with some sort of idea as to what to do with my life I feel like my anxiety is stopping me and going to destroy it all for me anyway.

Years and years go by and im in the same position. Half of its my fault as I am so unmotivated and SO lazy. I don't know why im so lazy and so selfish. I even start using my anxiety as an excuse to stop me from doing things now I guess. Even though my anxiety is real and very horrible.

My anxiety has just branched off into so many different aspects now its so complicated and nothing is simple anymore. I dont have one once or beleif or confidence anymore. Yes I have tried meds, yes I have tried therapy which I still go to. The tangled web in my mind just cannot be untangled and nothing ever changes. Just block it out and carry on? thats what I do now, but nothing changes, so what is the point in this life. Yes there others worse off, I appreciate that, still doesn't make my life worth living the way it is and the way I feel.

I dont know what to do, I dont see the point in anything, I dont even know what im posting because its not going to change anything. I want change and I want a better life but at the same time a cannot be bothered to make the effort. What is wrong with me.

I feel to give up.

Carnation
21-12-14, 23:27
I have written a similar post to you and I am in a similar position to you.
What I have learnt about Life, is that you have good days and bad days, bad weeks and good weeks; even a bad year. But, your changes and it isn't necessarily instigated by you, it just happens. You meet new people and your course in life changes. You may move at some point and it changes again. You might become or volunteer for a charity or stumble across a job that you really want to do. All these things are possible. You don't have to be rich, just your heart.
In these times when you feel so low or lost, use them as thinking time. Think about where you would like to be and what your goal is in Life. Your life can change in a day. People with Anxiety also suffer with depression. Don't fight it, let it pass. And, please don't think there is nothing in Life for you, you may meet someone and it all changes. Stay strong. :)

Gotagetthroughthis
21-12-14, 23:36
No things do not just change unless you make something happen. I don't do any work for charity to stumble across a job I like and I wont be doing that.

You say think about what I would like to be and what my goal is in life........I dont have one and I dont know, I wish I did.

Im not fighting anything mate, im just stating the facts that I have got nothing going for me and no motivation, ideas or energy to change it.

t0rt01se36
22-12-14, 02:53
Gotagetthroughthis. When I started reading your post, I thought, that is exactly how I'm feeling. Life not going anywhere and what I really want to do, when I get the chance, my anxiety will stop me.

I hope you find something that makes you happy, until you find your niche in life. What are your hobbies and interests?

Have you ever joined any social groups for Mental Health sufferers?

Don't give up, gota. :hugs: It's your Anxiety talking, not you. Keep telling yourself that there is hope out there and it doesn't matter how long it takes, you'll find the goals you want to achieve.

Chin up and see 2015 a year for you to decide what to do.

netball
22-12-14, 09:15
what meds have u tried?

lily1
22-12-14, 14:08
How old are you if you dont mind me asking? :)

You don't have to have goals, ambitions to enjoy your life.

Take tomorrow and do what makes you happy. If that is a walk along the seafront, or volunteering for a charity or whatever just try to be happy everyday that is an achievement in itself for anxiety/depression suffersxx

You say you don't think you have anything going for yourself.. we are all the same flesh and bones Im not particually great lol but I try to do things everyday I enjoy.

You lack self esteem and I think helping out someone/ something that is worse off than you are would be a good tonic.

I'm 40, you proberbly have youth on your side for a start, young attractive looks for a start.

jimsmrs
22-12-14, 15:30
Why have you decided to live your life the way you do?

You've admitted yourself you're lazy and selfish.

Your Anxiety is feeding off the way you are, so it becomes a way of life and no amount of medication or therapy will help you.

The only thing stopping you from living a 'better life' is you.