PDA

View Full Version : It's starting again the panic, crying health anxiety

GwenP
22-12-14, 19:43
I'm awaiting trauma therapy as cpn believes due to an assault on me over a year ago this is where it stemmed from.
I get a pain I google, then I panic then I make self I'll. I ended up in hospital September did blood twice all fine, kidney ROTC etc chest xray all fine, couldn't see part pancreas convinced have cancer, I was so bad they sent for psych nurse who saw how distressed I was.
I'm overweight I get reflux, I also had sinus problems for years it plays up today I get knickers in twist start panicking coughing, feel sick now sat on bathroom floor crying

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Anyone , I get indigestion every time it eat I panic I couch I cry

snowflake293
22-12-14, 21:38
I'm awaiting trauma therapy as cpn believes due to an assault on me over a year ago this is where it stemmed from.
I get a pain I google, then I panic then I make self I'll. I ended up in hospital September did blood twice all fine, kidney ROTC etc chest xray all fine, couldn't see part pancreas convinced have cancer, I was so bad they sent for psych nurse who saw how distressed I was.
I'm overweight I get reflux, I also had sinus problems for years it plays up today I get knickers in twist start panicking coughing, feel sick now sat on bathroom floor crying

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Anyone , I get indigestion every time it eat I panic I couch I cry

Hi Gwen

I understand how you are feeling. I was so worked up with my health anxiety the other morning I was bent over the toilet bowl heaving and crying.

I know how it is to be afraid of every single tiny sensation in your body, that sick, numbing feeling when you Google an symptom and the C word comes up... I really understand what you are going through.

I have acid reflux and sinus problems (nasal polyps) too and I always worry my polyps are actually cancer and the Drs have missed it, or that my acid reflux is stomach cancer and they missed that too. I have seen the Drs so much recently though that when I rationalise it, I know if there was something more sinister going on, they would most likely have picked up on it by now.

It is so hard to try and see light at the end of the tunnel when you are feeling so bad, I really do understand. I am having CBT at the moment though and looking at ways of breaking the cycle of my thoughts (fears of being ill) and behaviours (checking, Googling, asking for reassurance) and it is really helping me.

I hope you start to feel better soon, and if it helps - you aren't alone. I understand and many others here understand too.

Look after yourself xx

GwenP
23-12-14, 19:22
Thank you for reply, I am awaiting trauma therapy and cbt it's really hard to be positive, I know deep down my thoughts are irrational but today I'm back to stomach cancer pancreatic cancer etc. at docs again re sinus feeling sick had 3 lots blood August September chest kidneys liver fine. I've had more tests than many. Feel as if have lump in throat x

GwenP
28-12-14, 10:55
Well here it goes again breathlessness now googling blood clot when I know I'm 4 stone overweight and this is what it is, I've had to use breathing space over festive period,this is a nightmare all because I'm alone at minute it makes it worse, but I cannot restrict my son doing things due to me. Last night it was piles bleeding TMI :roflmao:I tried to solve torch to have a look, like a hippo in a zoo rolling about, at least I can laugh about that one today. AS I say this all stemmed from being assaulted and awaiting trauma therapy.
So all in all this week I have had, throat,stomach, pancreatic cancer and in September had xray bloods done twice all fine

nicolag84
28-12-14, 11:30
Hi sorry to hear u feel like this .am new to this and fi d it helps bein on here .am still waitin for cbt got my first appointment on the 5 jan .iv had cbt years ago for other reason .i to put everything down to cancer .atm iv got whiye cells in my wee and am late on so iv put 2 and 2 together and guess wat iv come up with .with the help of dr google yip iv got cancer .but not bin told by any dr iv got it just me and dr google say so .hope u find that it helps bein on here xxx

LauraWoo84
28-12-14, 11:46
Hi Gwen

I am so sorry to hear how distressed you ae but I can relae to you 100% and I always seem to get worse when I am on. My own. It is driving my fella nuts as he can't do or say anything that is going to make me feel better. Health anxiety is such a crippling disorder and I thought for months it was only me who felt this way. When the doctor suggested health anxiety I though he was mad as I couldn't believe the symptoms that I have could be caused by anxiety. I agree with Nicola this forum has really helped me, I joined n Christmas Eve at 2am due to a severe panic attack over some insect bites. I believe talking to there's who feel how you feel can help.

For a long time now I am convinced the doctors have missed something, I don't want them to have missed something as I don't want to die my biggest fear is dying but I'm making myself sicker the more I panic about the drs not finding something. It's such a vicious cycle to be in.

Talking does helps always happy to help fellow sufferers in need x

GwenP
28-12-14, 15:31
Thank you both for reply, yes it's not a nice feeling, I'm awaiting trauma therapy as get self in such a state and pass out. Today I said I'm going to be positive but I could feel the phlegm I've had in throat for months, went for shower obviously loosened up then coughed then kept coughing, I think half time it's habit or my heating as at dad's other day wasn't as bad. I freak out I call someone doesn't really help, the only time us at piece is when I'm asleep. It's sucks and have two diazepam for emergency and may have to take one it's scary

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

I'm also same I question everything I had three lots of bloods taken in hospital September didn't believe them ok, when I was getting chest xray was crying just hope trauma therapy helps

GwenP
03-01-15, 15:47
And here I am again got another virus, coughing with phlegm convinced something really serious I am a mess when will this health anxiety go away. Wet myself coughing, look terrible sat feeling sorry for self, I do try but it's one step forward two back.