PDA

View Full Version : Scared to death to take my antibiotics :\

sweetlover88
22-12-14, 22:08
Hi everyone,

I've been diagnostized with an std (gonorrhea) and have been prescribed 2g (8 x 250mg) of azithromycin to take all at once 3 days ago. Problem? i'm scare as hell to take it. I've read on internet all the sudden death stuff and all and it get me very scared. Specialy since i'm prone to arhytmia (i have pvc, arhytmia everytime i have a panic attack) and i'm really scared to start a panic attack and mimick the sudden death symptom as soon as i'll take the 8 pills.

8 pills (2g) seems alot to take at once... i'm scared my body react the wrong way. Help please i'm so scared :(

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

They said that the study about the sudden death were for those that took a 5 days course, so i'm wondering if it apply to those like me, who does a 1 day course? i'm scared 2g make big impact on/in my body :\

Jomo
22-12-14, 22:25
Maybe discuss your concerns with your doctor or pharmacist. I di however feel confident that they are ok to take, trust the medical professional who gave them to you. Dont read internet scare stories... after all its hardly fair, you never read the good reports after all

blueangel
24-12-14, 10:41
I suspect the std could cause you far more damage than the azithromycin!! If you don't get sorted, it could affect your fertility, and the long-term effects of gonorrhea are pretty unpleasant. You could also give it to someone else!

The dose is high because the best way to stop this sort of infection is to blast it rather than with a longer course of drugs.

To be honest, the worst side effects you're likely to get are stomach cramps or diarrhoea, but go and have a chat with the pharmacist.