PDA

View Full Version : Multi Vitamins / Advice, Feedback Needed

JordanUK
23-12-14, 10:57
So basically I believe diet plays a big part in HA and I am going to try and alter mine as I am always busy working 50-60 hours a week and have no time or Patience to cook decent meals so I'm always eating on the go crap and fast food, so I was thinking about taking multi vits to help boost areas where I'm not taking in enough good stuff, so does anybody have any past experience, advice or feedback on multi vits with HA are they positive or do they bring along other issues due to their ingredients ETC, Many thanks in advance for all feedback and advice.

Jordan

Serenity1990
23-12-14, 11:32
I think supplementation is very person specific. Would it not be far better to change the diet?

Oh, and you live in the UK; the reason 60 hour working weeks aren't legal here is working more than a certain amount is proven to be seriously detrimental to both your physical and mental health.

danevanscoy968
23-12-14, 14:00
I think supplementation is very person specific. Would it not be far better to change the diet?

Oh, and you live in the UK; the reason 60 hour working weeks aren't legal here is working more than a certain amount is proven to be seriously detrimental to both your physical and mental health.

Yes. I think so.

MyNameIsTerry
24-12-14, 08:53
Have a look on the Natural Remedies board for a start because all this gets discussed on there.

I would definately recommend Omega 3 in high strength. Read Oosh's 'Fish Oil' thread for more information. My moods have greatly improved from his levels of EPA & DHA (one of which has been studied to show positive effects on depression at >1000mg, I can't remember which one it was without checking) and I am finding making improvements on my anxiety are easier than before.

I would also recommend probiotics. A great deal of anxiety or conditions linked to it can be linked to poor gut health.

Diet alone can be tricky. A great deal of what we eat just goes out the back end and the nutrients are lost so if you want to have an optmised anti anxiety style diet you would need to first deal with the reduction in digestion caused by processed foods and things such as stress itself.

popejoan
24-12-14, 09:26
There is nothing wrong using supplements. If you want a multivitamin I'd recommend 'Lamberts Premtesse' the one for women is very good. Also, for anxiety I agree with probiotics. You can also use magnesium and Vitamin B, they both help with anxiety. I use magnesium oil, spray it on my arms after shower, it's better absorption. If you use multivitamin you don't need additional vitamins/minerals though. St. John's Wort, Passionflower, Valerian Root are good for anxiety. I take kalms tablets is' s helped with the panic feeling I had. You can find these at Holland & Barrett.

MrAndy
24-12-14, 09:32
multi vits wont make up for a bad diet,you need to sort that out 1st

anthrokid
26-12-14, 22:36
Perhaps you could get a referral to a nutritionist to help decide what vitamins/minerals you can increase by simple and easy changes to your diet (given that you work an awful amount) and which you may benefit from taking in supplements :)