PDA

View Full Version : Help with new medication?

GlamGemini
23-12-14, 18:00
Hello am a newbie,

I have suffered with anxiety, mainly to do with health issues for a few years now on and off. However, one of the things seems to be if I get prescribed any new meds, my mind goes into over drive about what if i get weird side effects and what if they interact with my other meds?

Hopefully someone can help! I've been suffering since summer, with a tight chest feeling, stuffed up, have had anxiety and never had any of that, so took myself off to Docs. Hayfever. Prescribed Cetrizine or whatever it is. Of course I didn't take it, i was scared in case of drowsiness. So I used a homepathic thingy throughout the summer

However this hasn't gone away, so took off to Docs this morning. Allergies he says, so I have some Loratadine (clarityn?) which i'm supposed to take one at night. Well of course I don't want to take it! Of course with it being Christmas, am worried i have some weird side effect and cannot contact anyone medical wise or pharmacist.

Does anyone know if it interacts with amitryptiline? as i also take this at night as well. I take other meds as well. I must say I did ask the pharmacist and she said no interactions, but you know how it is!

also have been drinking nettle tea this afternoon with great effect on the allergy symptoms, and i just read it interacts with the likes of amitryptiline and nebivolol! So not sure if worth drinking it. If anyone knows of any interactions with nettle tea.

Sorry for the essay, hope someone can help and please feel free to move if i've put this in the wrong section x