PDA

View Full Version : Tongue awareness

RicoS
23-12-14, 19:55
Hello,

I went to the dentist on november 18th this year and something went wrong so I had pain in my mouth for 3 weeks.

Because of that I was hyperaware of swallowing and had constant panic attacks.
I became obssesive regarding swallowing, but that went away in a week.
But now I am constant aware of my tongue.

First it felt like it was to big for my mouth , but that is less now, but I am still focussing on my tongue through the day, which gives me panic attacks the whole time and my anxiety goes through the roof. It's like I do not know what to do with my tongue anymore and get irritated when i feel my tongue pressing on my teeth. I know it sounds weird because I have my tongue my whole life, but i tell it like it is.

Is there anybody who can relate to this, because I feel like I am the only one on the planet with this issue.

I hope this pass soon, but it is realy frustrating....I'm not in life danger or something but it got me very depressive .... wish I never went to the dentist that day :weep:

Willowacres
26-12-14, 21:10
Do you drink a lot of coffee? Smoke? Are you getting enough water? Dehydration can cause this (in my opinion of course as I'm no tongue expert). I found for me, doing some oil pulling helped tremendously with what I thought was a fat tongue lol...

JackDoe
16-11-16, 12:46
I have the same exact problem right now. I am constantly aware of the position of my tongue and were it touches in my mouth.

Jobes
16-11-16, 16:18
I have had the same issues you describe I went to the dentist they found nothing wrong in my mouth its bizarre how many things can cause the symptoms.

JackDoe
16-11-16, 19:57
I have had the same issues you describe I went to the dentist they found nothing wrong in my mouth its bizarre how many things can cause the symptoms.

Did you lately take psych drugs, like neuroleptics perhaps?

RicoS
16-11-16, 21:51
It is 100% anxiety issue and it will go away... it took for me more than a year but it will go away