PDA

View Full Version : Given up hope

elik
23-12-14, 20:02
It's Christmas Eve Eve and I'm sitting here feeling ill and sick and fed up beyond words. The last couple of months have been a real test, a really big one at that of my anxiety and depression. I have completely lost touch with myself and what even the feeling of content is. Over thinking to the point of hysteria. Being I'll as well, I do not have the physical or emotional capability to carry on. Yes yes, I know it will get better but I am quite frankly very bored of this waiting game and cannot be bothered anymore. I shouldn't have to have this ayriggle, and it seems inevitable that I always going to. I am so bored of this I have lost any motivation if I ever had any and any will to brave this.

lourah1989
23-12-14, 20:48
Hey I feel the same i have had severe anxiety since having my son every one says youll get better blah blah blah and yeah i now i will because i have before but its like a waiting game you feel like giving up on. I dont even over think and i have anxiety but you can get threw this and even when you feel like giving up DONT :}

Merry christmas and i hope we both feel better soon xxxx

expecto patronum
23-12-14, 21:40
Hi Elik, what you describe sounds a lot like me too at the moment, I know it's so hard, you just want to be yourself again. Please don't give up, are you being given any help?
:hugs:

elik
23-12-14, 23:56
I have therapy every few weeks and am on meds I am just exhausted, especially with the intrusive thoughts, they are so dibilitating and produce feelings of utter discomfort even when I don't allow myself to dwell.

Incredibly scary and frustrating.

blondielady
24-12-14, 04:15
The holidays are so hard. They really can aggravate depression and anxiety if you are prone to it. About a month ago I felt so anxious that I was convinced I'd never feel a state of contentment again. I'm not there yet but I'm way better than I was after getting a bit of therapy and cutting a few stressors out of my life. Christmas still has me on edge... I don't know why... because it really shouldn't. I feel like my glimmer of hope comes after the holidays are done and life goes back to routine.

expecto patronum
24-12-14, 18:00
Hi, I understand how you're feeling and I know it is scary and frustrating to say the least. What kind of therapy do you have? Have you read any Claire Weekes?