PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety that I can't get over

mal1230
24-12-14, 02:54
Thank you in advance for any help you may have for me. I'm new here. I apologize in advance for my long post.

3 weeks ago, I started getting this bad pressure in my head. I never really had serious anxiety prior, although I did have two other freak episodes this year. I let it go and it went away that night, but came back the next morning. I felt dizzy too so I went to the ER where they did a CT Scan of my brain and found nothing (but of course, I kept chalking it up to be a brain tumor, even though they found nothing). I'm pretty convinced at this point that they are tension headaches so I'm not worried about that.

I'm still not better. It's not just headaches. It's GERD. It's severe anxiety and other symptoms (which I'm sure may be caused by anxiety). I'm addicting to searching every symptom. It's dangerous. I feel somewhat alright when I'm not doing that. I've spent over $2,000 (I don't have insurance) and that doesn't include expenses from my FIVE hospital visits.

I feel like it's a vicious cycle. I get a headache, I get anxious which causes other issues which make me more anxious and trigger the headaches. I keep going back and forth with myself like "it's fibromyalgia", "no, it's GERD + anxiety", "nope, I have cancer and I'm dying" and then bam....panic attack.

I keep getting a tingling feeling throughout my body and a ton of other symptoms. The doctor gave me ativan, but 1) it almost makes my anxiety worse because it makes me feel dizzy and I'm wondering why and 2) I don't want to depend on it. I want to get over this on my own.

I don't know what's normal for anxiety and I don't know how to overcome this. I keep getting this "I'm never going to get better" thought - and I'm also dwelling on the past like "a month ago, I was fine. What happened?". Any ideas?

Thank you again :)