PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

elik
24-12-14, 09:23
Everyday it appears there is a new problem in my head. Now I am concerned that my relationship isn't going to work and that I am not actually attracted to my boyfriend so now I don't even want sex or even have the urge to kiss him as I am enraged by guilt and confusion and I don't even like talking about my relationship because my head is everywhere. How am I ever to know whether this is my anxiety which I am sure it is or it is my true feeling? And as I can't disregard this feeling as its not one of my ridiculous anxious thoughts, I feel like I will never know. I just want to be bloody content, my boyfriend is amazing and I don't want to live with out him but I have this horrible guilt feeling which I cannot place!!

Help!!!

Oosh
24-12-14, 09:38
Put some of your favourite music on and try to remember all the good times you've had with your bf.
Anxiety and doubt can rob you of your true feelings on things but moods follow thoughts so control your focus, choose to see what you want in your minds eye and try to see things in a way that create positive emotions in you.

Picture yourself in 6 months time separated from him and in a house somewhere else while he is in a house somewhere else. Would you wish you were where he was ? Why ? What would you miss ?

Doubts are just suggestions. Just because you have a suggestion it doesn't mean it's real. Recognise those doubt thoughts when they appear and discard them. You are going to have them, you know that. But you don't have to listen to them. Instead use other ways to see how you feel about him.
Picture different scenarios and monitor your emotional reactions. And don't let those doubt suggestions intrude. Recognise them and discard them as not useful in that process.

elik
24-12-14, 13:17
I can't even put myself in different perspectives I am so in deep. I feel physically sick. I don't think I'm ever going to be happy in this relationship now that I have thrown this anxiety at it. Therefore, everything positive in my life I have to spin negatives on it until I don't know what I feel about it anymore. Feel so nauseous and tense I can't ever enjoy anything. Ahhhhhhhhhh