PDA

View Full Version : help pleaseeeee :(

lourah1989
24-12-14, 19:22
Hi
Can inget some support please im really aftaid i constantly feep like im about to die i constantly am aware of my breathing and its a never ending cycle. I seen my doc yday he said i wasnt dying but some thing in me tells me inam and this isnt anxiety.

I have a baby that is 7 weeks old and am currently on mirtazapine a nd diazapam when needed but it only been two weeks iv had this problem when i was 21 but now it seems worse than ever.

Does anyone else experience this hideous thing im really loosing my mind and all hope i actually have sat for the whole day waiting to die 😣

Any one else experience this feeling of constantly dying i need help i dont want to be that person taht this drive to the point of suicide

Merry christmas btw

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Apologise for spelling x

Oosh
24-12-14, 22:57
You are self monitoring. You're monitoring yourself breathing. It's automatic and you don't need to. I understand that it's hard. People here find it very hard to stop from focusing on all sorts of damaging things and this is no different.

You can't focus on two things at once. Throw yourself into something completely and think only of that. Your breathing will happen by itself, which is probably best. It will do a better job on its own without you thinking about it :)

You have a baby so it's probably not an option but maybe swimming, even dancing. At home maybe art or learning the guitar, juggling !
Lose yourself in something !!!

You are ok. But your focus isn't. Throw yourself into something and literally forget this stuff. You'll be fine. Worrying like this and self monitoring is just a really bad habit you need to learn to not do.

Happy Christmas

courierdude
25-12-14, 02:00
this impending doom feeling you have is a really dark one to live with.

i think it is a leftover mechanism some of us still retain from a very primitive time, and now we have aspects of the modern world set to add further complexities to an already terrifying burden.

you really have to paths to choose from if you want to manage this sensation and they are to avoid and distract yourself until your more evolved rationale brain kicks in and learns to ignore the impulse to tremble with fear or you can confront it and try to resist the those feelings by learning not to fear.

look after your physical health first if you are struggling with your mental health.

try to understand why you fear things and how you can turn fear into either acceptance or non acceptance.

it is fear you feel and also the actual fear of fear which amplifies this overbearing state of mind.

it is only fear and nothing fearful really happening.