PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about pretty much everything

Alice1
25-12-14, 21:09
Can someone please help me on how to begin being less worried and afraid of everything.

I worry my ectopic beats are going to kill me.
I worry the cardiologist missed something and the 'small, possible hole in the upper two chambers of your heart' is not so harmless and the NHS messed up again.
I worry about stomach pains and cramps, and aches or pains in my chest or head or anywhere.
I worry I'm going to die suddenly because of my heart or have a life threatening illness.
I worry something terrible, like an accident or a crime will happen and I'll die or end up in hospital.
I worry that that will happen to other people I know and love too.
I worry about getting older and dieing and what it'll be like and how i'll react when it's happening and what comes after.
I worry my mum's not happy and I'm not doing enough to help her.
I worry when my mum has pains or palpatations and refuses to go the doctor saying 'she's fine'.
I worry my mum will get ill and suffer.
I worry about my mum dieing and how I will cope afterwards without her.
I worry I'm causing my mum too much stress with all these trips to the cardiologist and crying all the time.
I worry about my gran dieing and how sad it will make my mum.
I worry that my family are so far away in poland and that I can't speak to them and that I should have made the effort to learn Polish.
I worry about being on my own.
I worry about my weight and if I'm eating the right foods and if the foods I am eating are going to cause me to have health problems and kill me, including how much I eat or if I eat enough vitamins and minerals or if I eat sugar or salt or processed food.
I worry that my mum and my boyfriend are not eating properly, and how they eat when I'm not there.
I worry I'm not doing enough excersise, or about doing too much excersise.
I worry about the future, and about global warming or wars or deadly virus.
I worry when I watch TV or read a book or even study that I'm wasting my time and should be doing other more important things.
I worry when I spend money on things.
I worry I'm not nice enough to people.
I'm worried that I just wrote a stupidly long list of all my worries out on the internet.
I'm worried I'm just a really selfish person and am not making enough effort to change that.

I cry really easily and am way too sensitive and this list is ridiculous, I know. Can someone please help me.

Fishmanpa
25-12-14, 21:56
Wow... that's quite a list! :ohmy: Are there any things you don't worry about?

I feel bad for you as that has to be totally consuming to be constantly on guard all the time. This is an internet forum and while many here can and will relate to your fears, the help that's needed (IMO) requires a mental health professional. Life is about uncertainty and risks. The fears you speak of can and will hold you captive. It's one thing to be behind bars, it's another to put yourself there.

Positive thoughts

Oosh
25-12-14, 22:27
So we've established that you are a worrier :)
Lots of us are wired that way and that's just the card we've been dealt.

Almost all of those worries are concerns that any normal person would have. So...don't worry that you worry !

For each of those concerns you have try to take some sort of action that leaves you feeling you have done as much as anybody reasonably can to relieve that concern. To not do this would leave you at the mercy of these same worries daily and, I'm sure you'd agree, there's nothing achieved by doing that.

But to do this will feel empowering as each day, you wake, remember your worries and remember also that you took action to relieve some of them. As your list of the same old worries shrinks you recognise the benefit of doing this.

Then there's that sometimes your life can be a void that an anxious person will inevitably fill with worries. Fill a void with healthy, enjoyable, productive things that you can lose yourself in and get enjoyment out of or your anxieties will fill it.
Do you have other things in your life like this to balance things out ?
Hobbies, relationships you enjoy, interests ?
Find something to lose yourself in. Find something to devote yourself to and excel in. Your anxieties will only appear in the empty spaces in between.

Don't live day after day at the mercy of the same worries. Where can you start to relieve the worries in that list from tomorrow ?

What can you incorporate into your life to lose yourself in and create balance to give you time and space to escape those worries !
What do you enjoy ?
If you don't know, then this is an area you've neglected and you should spend some time focusing on it. You get more of what you focus on.

Have you ever done something you enjoy and for a while just forgotten yourself and your problems ! Make this your goal.

None of this is easy. It's about creating new habits. But you start by thinking of one thing to do tomorrow and making sure you follow through and do it.

Happy Christmas

Alice1
27-12-14, 22:08
Thank you for your responses! They were really helpful!