PDA

View Full Version : REALLY worried

Psithurism101
26-12-14, 18:34
It's me again... Since yesterday I've been having this strange leg pain/heaviness, mainly in the back of my thigh but it depends. Doesn't bother me when I'm walking as it accentuates when I'm resting. And I'm having this strange spot which is cold to the touch on my inner lower right leg. Exactly one month ago I was really paranoid about DVT/PE and even had a d-dimer test which was negative. Now I'm also experiencing some chest pain in my upper left side, shortness of breath and my back is kinda sore which is not helping me at all. :( I can't go anywhere because the ER is too far and I've been there numerous times this year. I don't know what to do!! I want to believe that everything is due to anxiety but I'm scared. :((

dac0273
26-12-14, 21:53
Hi
I've had the same weird feelings today , my left leg feels odd and all my left side , then ache in my left Arm , took blood pressure it was high so now I'm scared of heart attack or stroke or annyuerism so know how you are feeling it's awful x

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

It must be anxiety
for the most part of today I've been thinking horrible thoughts , I have to come on here to reassure me it may be anxiety and then read your post and I feel a bit more relaxed as your feeling the same as me, and we both have anxiety x

anthrokid
26-12-14, 22:00
It's really important to remember that a lot of the symptoms you are experiencing - chest pain, shortness of breath and back pain - can all be symptoms of anxiety, and more likely to be that than any other illness. It is likely that these anxiety symptoms have arisen since the leg pain, in response to it. My knowledge of human anatomy is very poor (I still have to google what side of my body the stomach is on, haha), so I can't shed much light as to what your leg problem could be, but I do think it is very unlikely to be DVT/PE given that you've had a negative test recently. You may just have some muscular pain/tension, or even a tweaked nerve (those can cause all sorts of odd sensations). Think about it this way - how likely is it to be DVT/PE, and how likely is it to be muscle pain and anxiety?

Psithurism101
26-12-14, 22:07
Oh I'm sorry to hear that..
I've had a stroke/aneurysm obsessions and had constant headaches and numbness... Eventually they went away... I hope you'll feel better soon!

Well I HOPE it's all because of anxiety! :(

Right now I'm terrified, my symptoms are seemingly getting worse and my lower left leg feels very stiff. The chest pain is more apparent when I try to take a deep breath.

dac0273
26-12-14, 22:52
It does sound like anxiety , only because I have been feeling the same , but you have had tests which were positive so it will be anxiety . I'm struggling myself to admit to this reasoning , but easier to give advice rather than tell myself x

Psithurism101
27-12-14, 14:29
I know what you mean.. I almost always give advice to others but when it comes to myself I'm incapable :(
Today I feel very dizzy and lightheaded like I'm going to pass out at any moment, I also feel like I cannot breathe properly and the shortness of breath is worse. What should I do?? :((( I'm beyond scared:(( I took a lexotan but it didn't help at all..