PDA

View Full Version : Curious chest pain on the right...

Willowacres
26-12-14, 20:37
Hello folks :) I am new to posting but I've been snooping forums like these for years... Especially in times of extreme anxiety. Insuffer from health anxiety, I believe there must be some genetics involved there as my brother did, as well as my dad and his sisters for the beater part of their lives.
Anyway - recently, the last few weeks I' developed this chest pain on the right near the centre but sometimes radiates. I have had a barium swallow done which showed no acid reflux as that was my doctors initial thought. I have also had a chest X-Ray done but have not had the results yet. His thought was costoxhondritus, I'm hoping that's what it is but I don't feel like I have the symptoms. He also mentioned it could still be acid reflux. I can't seem to trigger what causes it or what makes it better. If I keep busy, I don't feel it... But if I think about it, it's theres. When I sleep, it's there. It's all consuming me. One thing I will say is, I mentioned it to my chiropractor and she thought I had pulled a chest muscle (I have been working with a trainer for the past 4 months)...

Has anyone had this experience before - chest pain in the centre on the right? I of course and terrified it's serious and that I'll die in my sleep...
Not looking for expert opinions of corse 😂 just looking for experiences that are the same and what ended up being the outcomes :)

Thank you in advance :)

Willowacres
27-12-14, 06:45
The anxiety is really setting in tonight if anyone wants to coment or help:)

boogal
27-12-14, 07:39
Muscular issues can cause symptoms such as you describe - I'm having something similar myself at present which, although it's a new symptom has occurred after having osteopath treatment for a shoulder problem, so I intend to return and have it remedied. The role of muscular tension/pulls etc is often overlooked by medics and sufferers. It can cause a wide range of painful and debilitating problems which, for those of us with HA, is often worrying. I've hardly slept the last three nights having worked myself up into a state over this pain, so I know where you're coming from.

Willowacres
27-12-14, 08:20
Thank you so much for the reply :)
It's been 3 weeks now...I, of course was thinking my Dr. has horrible x-rat results to give me and he doesn't want to give them overChristmas so he is waiting �� it's a stupid thing to think.
The pain is bad tonight and radiating to the left side. I'm 29, overweight it active... It's scary anyway:(
I agree with you that muscles and tension etc. play a major part, I will try to stay realistic and get some rest ☺️
Good luck with your situation as well