PDA

View Full Version : Sleep deprivation!!!

helenclaire
27-12-14, 10:05
I cannot remember the last time I had a decent nights sleep,

I wake many times in the night and lie there for ages trying to fall back to sleep.
Then I wake about 5am and that is it.
I immediately start worrying about how I feel do I feel sick? does my head hurt? do I feel dizzy?
I have been getting a lot of dizziness/light headedness for a while now and am wondering if it is because of lack of sleep.
I feel absolutely hanging today, my eyes are sore and it is a real struggle to actually get up off the sofa and I am lightheaded again so that causes more worry.
My body is crying out for rest but mind has other ideas.
I wish I knew how to turn these horrible thoughts off that I have something wrong with me I feel like my head is spinning.
Any suggestions please ???
Helen X

snowflake293
27-12-14, 10:27
Hi there

I have the same problem, especially with the waking up at 5am! I normally go to bed about midnight, sleep an hour to two (proper sleep) then toss and turn and my mind starts churning, panicking over something bad happening (death or illness of loved ones usually) or worrying I have cancer (huge cancer phobia and health anxiety).

The following things have helped me:

1. Cut down on/cut out alcohol (if you drink) alcohol can keep you awake believe it or not.

2. Try some light, gentle exercise before bed. Yoga or pilates is good, you can watch videos for free on You Tube.

3. No tea or coffee or coke after about 3pm

4. Warm bubbly bath and a cup of hot chocolate with some candles and soothing music, lavender bubble bath or bath oil will help you relax even more or even just Radox does the trick.

5. Going for a massage. I get a lot of shoulder tension that makes it hard for me to relax so I have a regular deep tissue massage. Bit pricey but worth it.

6. Keep a pen and pad by your bed, if your mind starts churning - switch your bed site light on and jot down what you are thinking.

7. Bedroom is just for sleeping, don't watch tv or read in bed. Literally all I have in my room is my bed and wardrobes. I don't even have any pictures on the wall, it helps me keeping my room as simple at possible. Don't know why, but it just does.

8. Celestial Seasonings 'Sleepytime' tea is amazing and available in most supermarkets. It is the one with a sleepy bear on the front. Just make sure it doesn't interact with any meds you are on.

Hope this helps and hope you can get some decent sleep soon. I understand how exhausting and frustrating it is when you don't get proper sleep.

xx

Libra
27-12-14, 19:14
I did a similar thread recently about sleep deprivation and vertigo.I was asking if there might be a connection. I have same with lack of sleep. Im always more off balance so I think there is a connection.

FinnHelton
29-12-14, 05:57
Well such problem is common, first you need to identify its root cause