PDA

View Full Version : Blood in my mouth every morning

pmcb12
27-12-14, 10:16
I recently posted I wake every morning and spit out what seems a large amount of blood. About a month ago I had some routine dental work and a clean with the hygienist. Since then I've been flossing and using corsydol to try and stop the bleeding. Last week I saw the doctor as I was worried and he sent me for a chest Cray. I am now living in constant fear waiting for the results as the doctor seemed concerned . I do suffer from anxiety and perhaps always fear the worse when unwell but am very very frightened that I have something serious. Has anybody experienced the blood in the mouth every morning. I'm not coughing blood up its just in my . Mouth

wnsos
27-12-14, 11:28
I haven't personally experienced this bit having been on the forum for a few months now, I can definitely say I've seen others talking and asking about it. Hopefully that eases your mind somewhat. :hugs:

pmcb12
27-12-14, 12:14
Thank you for your reply I'm just happy someone has acknowledged me. Trying not to worry but it's so hard. Hate this anxiety .

snowflake293
27-12-14, 12:18
Anything to do with blood is scary, I understand. Waiting for test/scan results is horrible too, I find it very hard to think of anything else when I am waiting for results.
Sometimes doctors reactions can worry us but they are just being thorough. I saw a nurse last week who scared the life out of my over a mole cause she seemed so concerned but it turned out to be fine.

I know gingivitis can cause bleeding gums especially when you brush hard or floss, perhaps try using a soft toothbrush in the evenings and see if that helps?

Hope this helps and remember you aren't on your own. I hate this anxiety too and feel like it rules my life. We can beat this though. xx

pmcb12
27-12-14, 12:22
Thanks Snowflake It is a waiting game now. Anxiety is evil.

snowflake293
27-12-14, 12:32
It really is evil and can affect absolutely every aspect of our lives. I hope you get some good news and it puts your mind at rest soon xx

pringles
28-12-14, 17:55
Snowflake-- It could be because acid is coming up from your stomach and hitting your teeth making them bleed! are your teeth bleeding at all? remember this is happening for 7 hours a night so theres a high chance it could be this. I had this for a while too.

pmcb12
29-12-14, 11:04
Hi Pringles thank you for your reply. Were you diagnosed by a doctor? I'm waiting for xray results and in total panic. I think my gums bleed during the night I do have gingivitis but still concerned about my doctors reaction and sending me for and ray.

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Hi Pringles thank you for your reply. Were you diagnosed by a doctor? I'm waiting for xray results and in total panic. I think my gums bleed during the night I do have gingivitis but still concerned about my doctors reaction and sending me for and ray.

margmx
29-12-14, 14:50
I have the same thing.
Sometimes i wake and feel this salty taste in my mouth. Usually that means that my gums have bleed.
That coud be a sign of serious health problem, but mostlikey it has to do with teeth and gums.
Ofc that is not something to forget about ether.

blondielady
29-12-14, 17:29
Try sleeping propped up a bit more, like in a recliner or with more pillows behind your back and head. I get acid reflux sometimes and it bothers me more when I'm laying flat. I know that reflux can cause all kinds of things in the mouth from acid coming up. I have gingivitis too. Brushing a lot more helps that. Sonicare toothbrushes are the best thing ever for it.

In the meantime try to keep distracted so you're not worrying about the test results. What helps me is playing on facebook and watching TV :)

pmcb12
29-12-14, 19:50
Thank you for the replies have kept myself busy today but still panicking .