PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

bamboo
27-12-14, 12:12
I have been suffering from anxiety for the past 8 years (now 26, male) although could be longer and it is basically controlling my life. I have general anxiety, social anxiety, some OCD (pure o) and can have derealisation, depersonalisation and panic attacks. I go through a cycle of months where I just avoid social things but day to day not too bad. Although know the anxiety is still there and getting invited to a social event would set it off. Then this will change to day to day anxiety which really hits hard and can last for a few weeks as it is now. This has caused me to withdraw from friends and impossible to look for work.

I use to have health anxiety, however this seemed to go and almost instantly got replaced by the pure o, derealisation and depersonalisation feelings. Which I find even worse as you end up questioning your own sanity or feeling like you are losing it, which just adds to the anxiety.

When having a period of day to day anxiety its all I can think about and constantly in my head going round and round. Which is how I feel as I am typing this now.

Whilst it does give the feeling of giving up at the same time it needs to improve so I have decided to join the forums for support and advice.

venusbluejeans
27-12-14, 12:17
Hiya bamboo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: