PDA

View Full Version : panic without racing heart

stars22
27-12-14, 19:01
hey all .
i have had the most weird symtoms laterly and i feel a little uncertain if this is panic attack or not ?
is it possible to not have a racing heart during a panic attack i have suffered panic attacks all my life always had the racing heart and so this is confusing me my panic attacks dissaperered for a couple of months yeyy !
but then tonight iv had a temprature i have a cough and i feel real poorly but iv never felt like this when ill before so i have been a bit paniced today especially because i keep getting the sence im going to pass out all my fmily have this cough ect .
but anyways i started gettign the sensation i couldnt draw enough breath basically like i was breathing nothing i then noticed the lights was flickering nobody else could see this just me and my laptop was even doing it i started getting tense legs urge for toilet and i still feel it now super weird and my breathing feels its stopping but my heart just is normal !
maybe a little harder/stronger but the racing heart is not there .
i dont understand even my cbt worker said racing heart is a panic attack accept she was confused when i said its stopped racing its just normal .

Rhiannon.
27-12-14, 20:47
What a coinscidence! I was on my way here to ask EXACTLY the same question.

I got my first panic attack (racing heart) two months ago.
Last night I has something similar but my heart was completely normal, strong and steady. But I still felt like I was about to die and was shaking terribly and kept dashing to the loo. Didn't get to sleep until 4am.

I've had this type 'attack' since I was about 10, the mountain of anxiety, needing the loo and shaking. When I developed OCD it largely went away (until earlier this year when I kicked my OCD into touch). So I was wondering if I've been having panic attacks longer than I'd realised.

Boydo
28-12-14, 21:06
I regularly get panic attacks that are different to the usual can't breath and fast heart beat your body can go into sweats, sudden shaking, tingling etc there many different kind of panic attacks , you can even make your body physically hurt from anxiety which is you pancing your body into that state, it all depends on the person were all different

stars22
28-12-14, 22:12
thankyou for your replys its so strange its like they say adrenline causes the fast racing heart its like my adrenline is tiered or something and only gives me half of the panic attack i used to get violent shakes with it like to the point my knee would hit my head if i was sat on low down but now its hard to describe i just feel out of it and really scared but with not many symtoms i suppose i should be happy about it but when its diffrent of course it makes us panic again :) .