PDA

View Full Version : Pulse of 97, anxious and scared

Willowacres
27-12-14, 23:26
Has anyone experienced a pulse this high, of 97... And had chest pain and anxiety and be able to have calmed themselves down??
Please off some advice.

Dazza123
27-12-14, 23:37
My pulse has been much higher when anxious. Breathe deeply, and calm down. If it persists rings a doctor, ambulance etc, but give it a chance to lower on its own if you think its anxiety, deep breaths and keeping calm will make it go away if its anxiety which I am sure it is so dont worry, and relax.

mummato2
27-12-14, 23:47
Deep breathing will slow down your pulse.

Put on some relaxing music, breath in for 4 and out for 4 hold for 2 then go again.

Fastest way to lower a pulse rate - and if it lowers with the breathing, you know it's a sign of anxiety

debs71
27-12-14, 23:54
Yep.....120....often higher. Chest pains too, many times over.

It is anxiety causing them, nothing sinister. You have to try to take the focus away from your heart rate. Distraction is the best way - watch a movie, do a crossword puzzle, play games on the PC....anything which diverts your brain from how you are feeling. It is just adrenaline that is causing your heart rate to race. As said already, deep, slow breathing helps. Relaxation videos on youtube also help a lot.

It is very possible to get rid of this. It just takes time, a lot of mental strength and practice. x

Willowacres
28-12-14, 03:41
Thank you friends - it's been a while since I've let me health worries get the best of me and I've been dealing with gnarly chest pain for the last few weeks, no rhyme or reason for it but it often sends me into a deep anxious state ;(

When does a person start to love normally...