PDA

View Full Version : What's the best hospital in London?

marycc
28-12-14, 04:15
I'm visiting London in 2 weeks, I've never been there...
So, as I suffer from health anxiety, I'm already thinking ahead wondering what would happen if I suddenly got really sick.
I'm staying near the kingscross station or the queensway station, I haven't decided yet...
What's the best hospital near those areas?

mummato2
06-01-15, 10:51
I think it's probably best that you enjoy your visit to London without planning for anything to go wrong.

If you need medical assistance while you are there, you'll be taken to the closest place or depending on the urgency you'll be taken to a clinic.

Asking for the best hospital in London is just setting you up for anxiety over your health while you are there.

Enjoy your trip

debs71
06-01-15, 12:08
I think it's probably best that you enjoy your visit to London without planning for anything to go wrong.

If you need medical assistance while you are there, you'll be taken to the closest place or depending on the urgency you'll be taken to a clinic.

Asking for the best hospital in London is just setting you up for anxiety over your health while you are there.

Enjoy your trip

I have to say I wholeheratedly agree.

This is anticipation anxiety creeping up. Expecting things to go wrong, and it often just ends up as self-fulfilling. I feel for you, as I have experienced this many times myself before travel. Block (or try your hardest to) any negative assumptions such as this. Tell yourself you will be just fine, nothing is going to happen, and your trip will be great.

The factual sde of things (as Richaillingto mentioned) is that if you did attend an NHS hospital you will be billed for that as an overseas patient. In terms of any urgent dental issue, there is no such thing as free dental care here, except for specific patients - those on benefits, under 18s, etc. We ALL pay. National Insurance here does not cover free dental. They have set prices as NHS charges which you have to get your credit card out for after treatment. They also have private patients/charges too.... and it is NOT cheap.

Bottom line is, I would work more towards AVOIDING any health care here, as it will cost you dearly, plus you wil likely be sitting in the Accident and Emergency Dept. for hours on end in London.

You will have a great time, I am sure.....and be fine. Stay positive and distracted from any negative thoughts if you can x:hugs:

graeme joy
06-01-15, 12:35
Kings is the best.