PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety like Jackle & Hyde

Gonagetbeta
28-12-14, 09:49
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anon had days anxiety free thinking they are cured only to wake or have the anxiety beast slowly take over? I couldn't believe how good a day I have had today, as opposed to yesterday which I was anxious with crazy running thoughts feeling depressed for most of the day.

MyNameIsTerry
28-12-14, 10:25
Yeah I've had this loads.

It can really upset you when it comes back because you feel like you had made progress and now gone backwards again.

You find with GAD that at first it can be all the time non stop but as you work through recovery it reduces giving you periods like this and they become more frequent. But you have to remind yourself that the bad days are not backward steps but just where you current anxiety and depression levels return. You know it's not as bad as when you were worse though, it's just the frustration of its return that makes you think that way.

Dr Claire Weekes called this process 'layers' and I know I've always called it stays in the past. Sometimes a new stages is much better, a little better or even worse but they don't last forever and you are ultimately moving forwards.

Try to look on that good period as a step in the right direction, a reminder that you can recover.

If you are much better and these this happen then it might be worth lining at any possible triggers.

Gonagetbeta
28-12-14, 11:16
Layering does sound fitting, its almost like going through stages. The funny thing is I can't yet identify the triggers so its really confusing at the moment. Is it possible that there are no triggers and it just comes on and off? I know there has to be some trigger, but things that trigger it one day won't trigger it the next. I am Confused??!!