PDA

View Full Version : dont know why i keep feeling like this

tricia56
28-12-14, 16:00
hi not sure ware to post this but would like a little advice if possible and try to explain the best way i can so please bare with me, this morning i woke up and i started to get this sort of heavy scared feeling in my stomach and then i started to feel as if something wasnt right and just felt sort of lost, lonely, sad sorry i cant really explain how i felt , i started to feel really anxiouse wanted to cry but couldnt started to feel as if a tight band feeling round my chest and feeling as if i couldnt breathe properly and , then i started to think why am i feeling like this and got scared and thought wat if im getting depression as im so scared of getting depression for some reason and the feelings wouldnt go so i walked round to local shop to see if that would clear the way i was feeling but even while i was walking i just felt the same the lost lonely feeling, , i ended up foneing the metal health matters helpline up because of the way i was feeling as i have no one to talk to. i dont feel so bad as i did now but it has worried me as to why i felt the way i did. so i thought i would come on here and ask if any one else has felt like it and if it could be just the anxiety to put my mind at ease. thk you

julia
29-12-14, 18:39
Hi I to have this feeling at Times and terrified of depressionwhat did they say in phone,?

Dan1975
29-12-14, 22:35
Hi,

Not being funny, but if you've posted 452 times on these forums you probably have some sort of issue that you're aware of?

debs71
30-12-14, 01:13
Hi tricia56,

Yes, it is anxiety.

It sounds very much like an anxiety or panic attack, probably combined with some low mood by the sounds of it.

Why do you fear depression above anxiety? Anxiety and depression often go hand in hand unfortunately. Either one can trigger They both are awful, but also both can be managed with the right treatment and care.

I have suffered both depression and anxiety. I actually found depression strangely easier to deal with than anxiety, because you really don't feel much at all, except lethargy and blackness. Like a heavy cloud sitting on your shoulders. I find anxiety far, far worse, as it is so frightening and creates all kinds of weird thoughts and physical stuff, like the breathing/chest stuff.

Anyway, I think what you describe is anxiety, and the sense of weirdness and unease that it creates. It is very common to have an anxiety attack straight from waking up. When I was first unwell years ago, I was having the same feeling you describe every morning from waking. It is possible to get rid of this with proper care and treatment methods x

Lyn89
30-12-14, 15:45
Anxiety is a pain because it can create fear of getting worse or another mental illness, because if anxiety is this bad how bad can having other things be as well? It's a big fear. You have to see whether or not your fear of depression is making you feel that way or whether you are actually depressed. I had the same thing-- I thought I was getting depression this time last year because I had a bad day where I felt low. But the thing is everyone gets those days. I just took it and worried and made it last longer. But when I felt less anxious about it, it all lifted and I've not been low since. So I think you can extend a feeling of sadness by worrying about it, much like any other symptom. Of course, if it doesn't lift and you find its still there when you are busy doing other things, you should probably see your doctor or investigate treatment for depression symptoms. The good news is that it is just as treatable as anxiety, and most people with depression will recover :)

tricia56
31-12-14, 11:50
hi thk you lyn and debs for replying back to me ,I am afraid of anxiety abit more than the depression I think with the depression I m scared of it because I have sister who has clinical depression for 30yrs now has tried to kill herself many times and has done it a few times in my home as I looked after her for a long time and my son inlaw is in abad place at the moment with depression so I don't know if being around them and seeing what they are like doesn't help as I think what if I go like them.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

dan I found your reply abit upsetting yes I have posted a quite a lot on this forum over the yrs and you have made me feel very quilty for doing so as I thought this site was for support off fellow suffers and to try and help each other which a lot of people on here as helped me and I felt not alone whichive been very grateful for but i don't think I will be posting on here on future so thk you

debs71
31-12-14, 12:04
hi thk you lyn and debs for replying back to me ,I am afraid of anxiety abit more than the depression I think with the depression I m scared of it because I have sister who has clinical depression for 30yrs now has tried to kill herself many times and has done it a few times in my home as I looked after her for a long time and my son inlaw is in abad place at the moment with depression so I don't know if being around them and seeing what they are like doesn't help as I think what if I go like them.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

dan I found your reply abit upsetting yes I have posted a quite a lot on this forum over the yrs and you have made me feel very quilty for doing so as I thought this site was for support off fellow suffers and to try and help each other which a lot of people on here as helped me and I felt not alone whichive been very grateful for but i don't think I will be posting on here on future so thk you

Hi again Tricia,

Please don't be put off posting or feel guilty. The forum is for seeking help, and if you need to post a million times, so be it. I am not sure what Dan's issue is, but he needs to keep that opinion to himself as it is totally unhelpful and uncalled for. Idiotic actually.

No wonder you are scared of depression after your experiences. That would frighten anyone, but do bear in mind that clinical depression is very severe, and not all depression sufferers experience suicidal tendencies, and it goes in degrees of severity. You have just been so very unfortunate to see the worst case scenarios in your family.

I think that it is more so anxiety that is causing your horrible feelings and thoughts. Anxiety is so negative in every way, that it can kick start low mood and depressive feelings, and I think that is maybe what you are feeling.....but take heart in the fact that both anxiety and depression can be relieved with help and time.xxx:hugs:

trish1955
31-12-14, 12:29
just like to say to Dan that's what this place is for regardless of his many times you put a post on

graeme joy
02-01-15, 10:23
dan your post is not wanted. Anxiety is the worst. Can create the feeling of madness and everything. Its awful.