PDA

View Full Version : Cat died and i'm really depressed.

f0rest
28-12-14, 20:56
title pretty much explains it all my cat was my best friend helped me through alot of bad stuff with anxiety i had to get him put to sleep because he became blind and couldnt walk and was struggling to breathe, im feeling so lonely at the moment and feel like something is missing, he was so special to me and now i am hurting badly :weep:

debs71
28-12-14, 23:59
Hi,

I am so sorry about the loss of your cat.

I know how painful this feels. My cat died very suddenly several years ago. He was fine one minute, and then became suddenly unwell, and passed away the same day. it was extremely traumatic and I couldn't work for a couple of weeks as I was totally grief-stricken.

I think that it is hard to explain to people who don't have a pet, or are not animal lovers just how much they mean to us, and how we consider them a member of our family, and losing them is like losing a friend, a companion and just someone to come home to/comfort us after a crappy day and have a cuddle with.

At the moment it will be very raw for you, so it is totally understandable that you feel so upset now. I promise you that with time, things will feel less painful for you. Like any loss, you need time to feel it, and take it in.

Try if you can to also take some comfort in the fact that your puss is no longer in pain or suffering, and you made the absolute best and selfless decision for him.x :hugs:

SADnomore
29-12-14, 00:05
As Debs says, those of us who have loved a cat know what you're going through. Please accept my condolences.
Marie x

Carnation
29-12-14, 01:20
As a Cat lover too, I know how you feel. I am so sorry. :hugs:

t0rt01se36
29-12-14, 11:38
Kevin, I am sorry that your Cat has died.
My family cat died in 2007 of Diabetes and even though I'm not allowed a pet where I am living, I still miss having a pet.
I know how heartbreaking it is, to lose a pet.

swgrl09
29-12-14, 12:03
Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear this. I had to put down one of my two cats a couple weeks ago and it was so hard. Take time for yourself and take care of yourself, it's really tough.

yvonne_uk_98
29-12-14, 23:13
Kevin, So sorry to hear about your cat. sending you some hugs.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

f0rest
30-12-14, 04:51
Thank you for all the kind words i am still in the process of trying to get out of shock, the worst part about it all is knowing i will never see my beloved friend again but i take comfort in knowing the time he was here i did everything to make him feel loved and comfortable and i know he appreciated the love he got since he chose to live with me (originally he was one of my neighbours) but anyway again thanks everyone for comforting me in this grieving process.

venusbluejeans
30-12-14, 13:08
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

James1983
30-12-14, 14:51
Sorry to hear about your Cat. It's such an emptiness when they pass on.

Annie0904
30-12-14, 15:26
Emmz that is lovely (Rainbow Bridge)
I have lost 2 cats so know how heartbreaking this is. I now have 2 more who don't replace the other 2 but I love them so much, they really do become part of the family. You will never forget your feline friend but it does get easier to accept and memories live on. Sending you hugs :hugs:

almamatters
30-12-14, 16:21
Sorry to hear about your cat, like others on here I have lost several pets and it is so hard to accept that they are gone. :hugs:

anthrokid
02-01-15, 23:02
I'm so sorry to hear, my heart is aching for you :( It sounds like you gave your furfriend all of the love and affection he deserved, and that he loved you very much in return. Grief feels awful, but it represents all of the love and memories shared over a lifetime together. I know how painful it is- I lost my fluffy best friend very suddenly mid 2013 - and I didn't know that pain like that could even exist. Thinking of you during this tough time.

mary259
03-01-15, 00:03
Sorry to hear about your cat. My thoughts are with you xx

Tessar
03-01-15, 14:11
Hi Kevin I am so sorry to hear about your cat. It's so hard when having to make practical decisions as it is but when they affect our beautiful and much loved pets (our beloved friends) the decisions are even harder. It isn't a situation I would wish on anyone & having been there myself I relate to your pain.
Such a gaping hole in your life. I recall when our previous cat died, the event itself was devastating enough but like you, my cat saw me through some very tough times emotionally. I truly lost a friend and you have too.
It takes time to heal from a loss like that & you will need to work though some thoughts & feelings that will be hard work. But the intensity of your feelings is a true mark of how dear to you your feline companion was. Indeed very special & this is why it feels so bad right now.Hugs x

jimsmrs
03-01-15, 15:03
Aw sorry about your cat Kevin. Had to have our 17 year old collie put to sleep last year, had her since she was 8 weeks old. Give it time.

:bighug1: