PDA

View Full Version : HIV Anxiety. Just when all was good.

Konstant
28-12-14, 22:12
Everything has been going great for me. My anxiety has subdued a lot in the past few months and its been awesome.

This forum has helped me a lot along the way.

Today, something triggered my anxiety: I went out buying a new type of powered for my protein drink. I was having a conversation with the cashier, and when he was all said and done he put my product into the bag. When I said goodbye I noticed that on his had was a cut.

These types of things used to get me worried all the time. Someone has a cut, which then leads to there blood getting into whatever i have.

Am I at risk? If he did have a fresh cut and did drop blood anywhere? I'm not sure that it was fresh..

I know to some it may sound crazy but now I won't use the product or even go return it.

Fishmanpa
28-12-14, 22:32
Please explain how exactly this would be a risk or even possible.

Positive thoughts of impossibilities

Psithurism101
28-12-14, 22:36
If there wasn't any fresh blood anywhere I doubt that you can get infected with HIV, as far as I know it can't live outside the body long enough to catch it that easily. I'm sure you're safe:)
Recently something reactivated some worries of mine as well, I know exactly how you feel...

Fishmanpa
28-12-14, 22:58
If there wasn't any fresh blood anywhere I doubt that you can get infected with HIV

Not to mention a sealed container of protein powder.

Positive thoughts

Konstant
29-12-14, 01:34
Just something about see in this cut and my product that i'll eventually be ingesting really makes me worry. I know better, but my mind doesn't allow me to think rationally, sometimes