PDA

View Full Version : Major obsessive thought...please help

Munki
29-12-14, 13:27
I've always suffered with intrusive thoughts but don't have any physical OCD's per se (thus far). However, I wonder what you'd suggest to this as it's quite new to me (despite being a medicated anxiety sufferer of 10 years plus).

My husband has taught me to snowboard as he's amazing and we're off on our first snowboarding break for 4 days in Feb. I'm half excited, half panicking. I'm still not good and I feel under pressure from my husband (even though he isn't putting me under pressure). This is where the problem lies.

I self sabotage, I put pressure on myself. And because I haven't picked it up straight away, I'm giving myself grief. Obsessing isn't the word. Every waking hour I am thinking about it, going through techniques in my head, even standing in my room practicing. It's taking over my mind in other words to the detriment of everything else.

I know I'm a perfectionist and I like to be good at things immediately. At the moment I'm having panics that I'll go tot he snowdome to practice and be sent off as I'm terrible (extreme thought!). Please can someone advise how I control this and actually look forward what should be a fun holiday with friends and my husband (I forgot to mention there are friends out there too who are at my standard!!).

Please help so I don't have an awful January :(

Jayamashey
29-12-14, 14:39
Left a post under your other thread with same title under the OCD group.