PDA

View Full Version : 5-HTP

fiona
13-10-03, 14:57
HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS HERBAL REMEMDY I BOUGHT IT FROM HOLLAND AND BARRETT AS I READ IT ON THE INTERNET. IT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP WITH ANXIETY AS IT IS A PRE-CURSOR TO SEROTONIN WHICH REGULATES MOOD/ANXIETY. ITS FULL NAME TRYPTOPHAN...I THINK IT WAS FIRST USED IN THE U.S.A. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS TRIED IT?

have not been on holiday for years nor has my husband so I am not only suffering so he is he but he does not hold it against me.. avoid a lot of situations which I know is wrong but it is the easiest option.... Have been offered medication but reluctant to take I think my GP tires of me as this has been going a long time.... years am normally a fun and jokey person but at certain times the gloom takes over does any one have the same experiences. I do go to work and I can do that come home again can out locally but not too far away.......

Meg
13-10-03, 15:40
Hi Fiona,

There's loads about it and a page of messages and discussion on www.sjwinfo.org

Also Clairey on thsi site is fast becoming knowledgeable on herbal remedies.

Maybe you're reaching the time where you do really want to address this agoraphobia and overcome it. It is doable although it is uncomfortable and takes time and perserverence.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

theresa
21-10-03, 14:15
There are other amino acid supplements also - GABA and SAMe. From the little I've read about them, it's all very confusing! Interactions can occur with medication or vitamin supplements and different dosages have to be tried out. I wouldn't like to try it without guidance - the Mental Health Project at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition can give advice but it's expensive and you need to be able to travel to Putney, http://www.mentalhealthproject.com/

Theresa

Theresa