PDA

View Full Version : Those Nasty Ectopics Again!!!

Jinkus
08-01-07, 21:11
Hi All,

Had a really sh*t day today. Lots of ectopics throughout the day. Continued feeling of impending doom. Every time i have one of these skipped beats im convinced that the next one will kill me. Surely there must be some sort of medical way of rectifying the problem which is occuring. I have posted topics on this site before and had great feedback, im just trying to delve deeper into the ectopic world.

Do we actually know what causes the ectopic beat??? I mean why have i gone 20+ years and never had an ectopic beat (or never been aware of them) yet for the last year and a half i have been plauged with them. What has changed in my body to cause them, or what have i done????

Im just conviniced that evenutally something is going to go wrong, i mean how long can your heart sustain the interuption of a normal beat.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance

Sean
x

nomorepanic
08-01-07, 21:35
See if these ones help...

Palpitations (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=palpitations)

Ectopics – doc reassured
Been to doc's about ectopics (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8316)
Heart Results - ectopics and dizzyness (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8474)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

pageste
09-01-07, 12:36
Hi Sean
no magic formula for you but if it helps I have had some cardiac issues recently and I am now plagued by the damned ectopics. They are extremely annoying/worrying and make me prone to even more anxiety.What I can say is that because of my other issues I have had access to a lot of tests and consultant time and they are almost always totally dismissive of single ectopics putting it mainly down to my stress level. They are completely normal events that they assure me are benign and will not cause any further damage or problems. Every situation is different and you should of course speak to your GP and cover any other symptoms/issues. For me Ive found that switching to decaff everything and reducing general stress/anxiety is helpfull in reducing the incidents but I still get them. There are no answers to this problem at the moment but there are lots of people in a similar boat, I hope you find a way of dealing with them
Steve

Jinkus
09-01-07, 20:03
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, im trying to cope with them but as u know its easier said that done.

I just find it harder to cope the more i have them. For example today i have had pains in my shoulder and arm and lots of ectopics & i am still sat here with the shoulder & arm pain now as i write this, i was convinced i was having heart attack symtoms, to be fair i dont know what the answer is with dealing with all these problems. I have tried hypnosis, i have tried switching totatly to decaff products which im still on now, i havnt had an alcoholic drink in four months, the only things which i need to do is stop smoking and loose a little weight but after that there really is nothing else i can do.

I just think there must be something different i have done with my lifestyle or something that has changed inside me, weather it be something wrong midically or something else. Weather i will ever find out what is another question.

The search continues......................

sammie
10-01-07, 10:13
hi sean

good luck with your search for an answer:D

i have had these ectopics for nearly 16 yrs on and off and like you they scare the hell out of me . i have been told they are nothing to worry about yeah right

sammie

Ashman UK
10-01-07, 18:42
Hi sean.

If you look abit down this forum you will see a post i have made about my story and recently have been having similar problems.

For the last week though they seem to have reduced to literally 1 a day..(touch wood,everything crossed etc!!!..) and ive been racking my brain as to why all of sudden it seems to have nearly 'dissapeared'?.

All i can say at the minute is im a little happier with myself than i have been over the last six months or so and have curbed things out like caffiene etc.

I got to the point where i thought the same when i would get an attack of multiple skipped/missed beats over a 10 to 15 min period and got so low i thought it was gonna get to the point where i couldnt carry on.

Im in for an ecg test next monday and funnily enough since having this ecg booked, instead of worrying more about it ive actually started to feel more calm about it, thinking about etc as to me it feels like im actually getting some proper action taken towards at least giving me some peace of mind and not the usual as you, i and alot of others know on here, getting fobbed off by gp's and people in general who have never been through this nightmare.

One hard fact i have learnt about this after all the years i have suffered from different symptoms is..and yep this is real tough..but..ive found ultimately the only real way ive almost goto the point of being over this..(i hope i do add..) is not to fear the symptoms any more or bit by bit that bit less over time. I know that may sound abit harsh and hard to deal with but its the way i overcame fearing palpitations for a few years then funny like light headedness etc. In the end you will know and say to yourself that how can it affect you if you really know deep down which you will eventually that it cant do anything nasty to you.

Hope that helps. We are all with you on this one and one day you will overcome this. I can, i know you can and everybody else can on here, it's just we all have our own ways of doing this and dealing with this.

Take care for now.

Ash.

Jinkus
10-01-07, 21:46
Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply mate, its nice to have reassurance as it helps towards the mind games that these ectopics plague me with.

Hope all is well with everyone else thats read/replied to the topics.

Chins Up

Sean
x

pageste
12-01-07, 08:36
Just as an example
I felt lousy yesterday, lots and lots of ectopics , breathing was laboured, pins and needles in my forehead. I was at work and I just wanted to runaway. Got home and made myself go to my cardiac rehab exercise class. After an hour of fairly strong Aerobic exercise and a 15 minute spoken relaxation session I felt Sooooo much better. I know a lot of the symptoms are self inflicted but gaining control over these involuntary functions is a long haul.

good luck everyone you will find your own way of dealing.

;)

pageste
12-01-07, 08:43
Just as an example
I felt lousy yesterday, lots and lots of ectopics , breathing was laboured, pins and needles in my forehead. I was at work and I just wanted to runaway. Got home and made myself go to my cardiac rehab exercise class. After an hour of fairly strong Aerobic exercise and a 15 minute spoken relaxation session I felt Sooooo much better. I know a lot of the symptoms are self inflicted but gaining control over these involuntary functions is a long haul.

good luck everyone you will find your own way of dealing.

;)

cazza
13-01-07, 12:01
Hi Sean
i have had these every single day for 8 months now just been to see a cardiologist for the results of my 24 hour tape and they just say they are not sinister.... so its how to deal with them the doctor said everyone gets them but some of us are more sensitised and feel them more stress and anxiety and stomach problems ie indigestion hernia etc can cause them I think untill we can truly accept and beleive they will not harm us they will not subside i know it is hard i am struggling to do this Please try this website it really helps http://rlr.qersys.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
There is a doctor that answers on here and it helps carol:D