PDA

View Full Version : mornings

herbie73
30-12-14, 07:08
Morning all, does any one else feel worse in the morning, shaky and fearful, not sure if it the meds. Xxx

snowflake293
30-12-14, 08:08
I definitely get this. I am on week three of 50mg Sertraline and (for now) my morning symptoms (waking early, fidgety, worrying, restlessness) are worse, but definitely easing off.

I am pretty I have read a few other comments on here on previous threads about mornings.

Sounds daft, but what really helps me sometimes is just wrapping up warm, having a cup of tea and sticking the telly on (especially the news for some reason) I guess I just find the familiarity of those things comforting.

For the last month or so I have found myself waking very early, lying there next to my partner as he is snoozing away bless him - but I have this awful sense of impending doom or panic! I find that I will start tapping my foot and fidgeting loads and just get this sensation that I am totally wide awake (normally happens between about 4:30 - 5am) so I just get up most the time now and have a cup of tea and it does calm me down.

Hope you find some relief from this unpleasant feeling soon x

lukeneal26
30-12-14, 09:51
yes mornings are worse because your body is waiting for its next tablet im a mess first thing

Boydo
30-12-14, 10:10
Amen, I wake up at 3 to 4am and have take my tablets then otherwise I wake up so scared that I feel physically ill and lay there thinking if I should go to a n e :( this morning up at 430 felt ok ( diazepam started yesturday wonder drug to take the edge off ) woke up hour later felt shocking like death warmed up ..... Vary from day to day, somedays I wake up fatigue and feel weak, horrible mental illness that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy ! I hope everyone here find some comfort or have a speedy recovery !

lukeneal26
30-12-14, 10:18
as soon as im up I take my 100mg sertraline and pop a happy pill because other wise ill be pacing round the house! also im coming up to week 4 but the last 5 days had d and loose stools but have been told I have ibs so maybe a flare up!

herbie73
30-12-14, 14:46
Oh my god, snowflakes morning symptoms are exactly the same as mine,sound like I wrote it, its reassuring to know other people are in the same boatxxxx

snowflake293
30-12-14, 21:18
I am glad my comments helped reassure you. The following tips might help you:

- Make your room as comfortable as possible, try to remove anything that might trigger any anxiety. Literally all I have in my room is a bed and wardrobes.

- Make sure your heating comes on early. Waking up panicky feels even worse when its cold for some reason, and it is chuffing cold at the moment!

- Have something comforting with you, even if its something daft like a teddy or a blanket! Having something there to touch helps me. Before my boyfriend moved in with me I used to sleep in his hoodie sometimes cause it comforted me (I am totally aware that sounds a bit creepy though lol)

- If you are lay there panicking, get up, put something warm on (keeping warm is important) have a nice warm comforting drink (really recommend camomile tea with honey in!) and stick the telly on or some nice music.

- Someone on here on a different thread said about setting an alarm to come on and play music. Something comforting maybe? Perhaps not any death metal(!)

Morning anxiety is a big prob of mine so totally understand where I come from. Hope my suggestions aren't too 'out there' and can help :)

x

herbie73
30-12-14, 21:20
Thank you snowflake will try these out xxx

GadGirl
30-12-14, 22:54
im terrible in the morning i spend 30 minutes ( i set my alarm earlier than the time i need to get up) getting my self mentally prepared for going to work but once im up and ready i calm down a little bit x

snowflake293
01-01-15, 12:52
Just wanted to say the past two mornings have been loads better for me. What I find is helping me is waiting 'til I am properly tired and ready to go to sleep before I actually go to bed so I am not lay there tossing and turning. I have been waking up feeling much more refreshed.

Another reason I think I am feeling less anxious in the mornings is I have drastically reduced my alcohol intake. I started on Sertraline and found booze was just conking me out so I can literally only have 1 or 2 drinks now. Feel sooooooo much better now I am boozing less which is great :yesyes:

Another thing I find helps it to try and 'put my thoughts to bed' before night. I am lucky to have a very understanding partner who has been through severe GAD and HA who helps me though, if I have anything on my mind I talk to him before bed and he helps me rationalise it.

Good luck everyone in feeling less anxious in the mornings xx

gregcool
01-01-15, 13:09
i suffer morning anxiety hate it.everything seems so bad first thing