PDA

View Full Version : Hello

aladetteinsane
30-12-14, 11:00
Hi, I am 40 years old and have lived with mental health problems since my mid teens. I am just coming out of the latest bout of depression and the anxiety is back with a vengeance :( I have been on citalopram for nearly two years, to no effect really. I saw a different doctor yesterday, at the end of my tether at having to take three lots of tablets to function out there in the real world, and he made the decision to prescribe venlafaxine, straight swap with the citalopram. So now, of course, I am panicking about that :(

venusbluejeans
30-12-14, 11:05
Hiya aladetteinsane and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
30-12-14, 11:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

It sounds like it would be worthwhile raising a thread on the board for your new medication, there are others on here taking it that can give you some ideas on what to expect which may help you to process the change.

Are you going to cross taper?

aladetteinsane
30-12-14, 13:56
Thank you for the welcomes :) I have posted on the venlafaxine board about my concerns :)