PDA

View Full Version : feel so anxious

gregcool
30-12-14, 13:48
hi guys.my days and nights have been up and down over the last few months.i have this worrie that is consuming my life and can not stop thinking the worse about it.its private and dont want to talk about the worry but need some advice how to stop thinking the worse all the time.its distroying my life and feel so low and depressed.any advice how to handle these negative thoughts about everything

James1983
30-12-14, 14:34
I recommend trying to distract yourself if you can. Doing something practical for instance can give you a sense of achievement, going out talking to people about even trivial stuff can take you away from troubles for a time. Try to deal with the root of your anxiety and ask your self is it that bad? If you feel it is overwhelming - there are helplines on this site for a range of advice on different things.
All the best

courierdude
30-12-14, 15:39
on a trivial level-you just have to do a water off the ducks back thing. accept whatever it is as it is, its bad, but just tell yourself by thinking the worst is just creating and holding on to negative energy and is not going to harm anyone more than it will you.

like watching angry motorists effing and blinding..and they might well have cause to be angry at other motorists but half the time the other person who nearly caused an accident or cut you up cant even hear you, so why bother raising your blood pressure of getting down about things.

can these issues be sorted or are they just there always?

if you have to think the worst-if you have to, try to think about the biggest issue and forget the rest for a while. limit the load on yourself and work on one aspect at a time?

H.Daniel
02-01-15, 19:54
Every time a thought that produces a negative emotion pops into your head, contemplate the origin of this thought and question the validity of it. Remember that beliefs are nothing more than repeated thoughts, so question your beliefs as well.

Surround yourself with peaceful, uplifting stimuli. Instead of going out to the bar to yell to be heard and to get drunk, meet up with friends for dinner and make real connections. Instead of watching the disasters in the news, go out for a walk in nature.

Changing the crazy thoughts in your head requires attention and practice, but once you've made progress, you’ll notice how amazing life turns out to be.

There is a saying: “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”

I hope this helps. Take care!