PDA

View Full Version : My body feels very heavy.

Tons of Love
30-12-14, 23:15
My body feels very heavy, sort of like I have gained 200lbs. This started this afternoon when I was laying in the bath, and when I tried to get up, my shoulders just felt so heavy, and now when I am walking, my whole body feels it too. Even my fingers feel so heavy while typing this.

Is this Anxiety? I have never had this happen to me before. :unsure::scared15:

Dog
31-12-14, 00:12
Hey!
I can't say for sure if this happens with anxiety (I assume it probably does though) but it DEFINITELY happens with depression. There was a period when I was seriously--like horribly--depressed, and I totally experienced that. Like I would walk down the street and my legs would feel like there was literally sand bags in them--they were so heavy. That's the only way I can explain it to this day. It was the weirdest thing. Therapist said depression can make you feel exactly like that, so I imagine anxiety can as well. Feel better!

Serenity1990
31-12-14, 00:16
This is a really characteristic synptom of depression, though I gather a number of things can cause it.

Krypt0night
31-12-14, 00:28
I dealt with this exact thing when I went through my last long depressive stint. There would be times where even opening my mouth to speak felt like a struggle as my mouth felt heavy and even speaking seemed like an impossibility.